I had my gall bladder removed this last Monday. I guess it was diseased or something. I didn't necessarily have to get it taken out, but the doctor told me that the pain i had been experiencing (stabbing pain in my stomach ribs shoulders and back) would probably persist and i may develop some gall stones....so i opted to the removal of it.
The only really pleasant part about the experience was the fact that i did not have to attend school or work for a week, instead; watching The Office, Scrubs, Hamlet (not because i wanted to, it was a home work assignment) with my favorite sister in law Brenna and her beautiful daughter Bridget.
Sounds fun i know, until you hear about the part where i couldn't pick my self up off the floor after spewing my guts out into the toilet having to yell for my mother who was asleep with sound proof head phones in. I was supposed to have my phone with me at all times to prevent a situation like this but who knew that i short trip to the bathroom to relieve my self would be so painful.
All in all, from this week i have learned that i do not handle pain very well at all. I start hyperventilating, crying , and moaning which did not help with my pain in anyway since it was all in my abdominal area.
My incisions are healing well, aside from the fact that i am apparently very sensitive to band aids on my stomach and now have rashes or permanent red marks from where they were placed.
I'd like to say thank you to my mother who helped me before during and after, having to spend 10 hours at the hospital with me. She also advised me to have an epidural during child birth.
To Brenna who then cared to my every need the week after. Its very nice to have someone around and not only for the Popsicles or the yummy salads but for the much needed company.
and lastly to Eric who stuck around even when i was crazy sauce on drugs and probably not very nice to be around.
oh! and to the wonderful nurses at LDS hospital! really they were so good, and i know they aren't going to be reading this but i was sooo impressed with their care. Even the gay nurse who entertained me with stories about his boy friend and him dressing up as Mormon missionaries for Halloween last year.
I don't really miss my gall bladder, although i think my bowels might...
So farewell Mr. Gall Bladder.
I was so happy to read that I'm your favorite sister-in-law. Then I realized...I'm your ONLY sister-in-law! Oh well, it still made me happy!
ReplyDeletehere is to quick healing!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you healed quickly. I also advise you to get an epidural. I thought I could do it without...nope...epidurals are the best thing!
ReplyDeleteglad you're feeling well!
ReplyDelete