Wednesday, October 6, 2010

5 year plan

I don't really have much to post about but I wanted to share how grateful I am for a couple things in my life.
First off, it seems like the hardest 2 weeks of the year are the weeks leading up to conference. Maybe it's because I start praying that I can appreciate the messages and learn something that God feels the need to make that week extra hard. This time my self esteem was at an all time low. Maybe it's because my "boyfriend" and I Tom broke up, or that I spent a night from hell at a sorority sleep over but i sure was getting down on myself. I'm sure we all have those days/weeks/months where you just say "why would anyone ever want to spend time with me?"
Saturday morning I had a break down in front of my dad when he didnt seem too impressed with my 20 mile bike ride in 45 minutes. I had felt like a did a great job and then when I thought my dad didnt feel the same way it hurt. So I had to explain to him that i've been feeling really down on myself and that he shouldn't take my tears too personal.
Of course he came home later that day after listening to General Conference with some words of wisdom and made me realize that I need to love myself and there is no reason why I shouldn't.
Second, Ryan and Ashley save my life. I hope they don't get sick of me because I sure do like spending time with them. They are 2 of very few people i know i can be COMPLETELY myself with. Sure Ryan does give Ash and I some weirdo sauce looks sometimes but i know he loves our hyperness deep down inside. I know I can count on them for a good time even if it's just sitting around watching TV. Last Friday we went to RC Willey and after went to Letherby's and I had a blast!
Third, I know for a fact that when God closes one door he opens another. Okay so maybe I don't get to date a truly amazing kid with a fantastic voice, and great guitar skills but I do get to learn how to appreciate my life and what I do have. Today my teacher asked me "where do you see yourself in 5 years". I hadnt really thought about this question lately so i decided to write down a 5 year plan. Even though i would like my next five years to work out this way I'm of course keeping my mind open to all the possibilities.

4/11 Graduate SLCC with Associate
6/11 River Guild in Moab with my cousin Karina or OYA councilor
9/11 Service work in Honduras till 12/11
1/12 Business school at SLCC or U of U & working as P.T.
7/12 Mission
1/14 Continue Business school & work as P.T.
7/15 Start my own Adventure Company

If i'm not married by then, then I may choose to prolong the Adventure Company to travel for a bit and then come back and start my adventure company.
I know that God is real and he knows us better than we do. I'm glad he knows what he is doing because I sure don't! I'm excited to see what new challenge and adventure he has for me next.

4 comments:

  1. i pretty much love your 5 year plan! go laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a P.T.? Physical Therapist? oh.... personal trainer. Ha! I'm retarded. Nevermind.
    Thanks for saying we're awesome. I sure love you. You're my best friend--next to Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm struggling with this blogging thing already, as you can tell. anyway, maybe i should make a 5 year plan...

    ReplyDelete