The past 4 months I've been dating the most wonderful man who is also now my Fiancée! I'm not sure I could have found a better man for me. It's not just because he loves hiking technical slot canyons, or rock climbs, and is a kick A down hill Mt Biker. He also is the most respectful, loving, kind man I have ever dated. I think the best part is that we actually got to know each other on a trip in Zions, which turned out to be the perfect environment for both of us to be COMPLETELY ourselves. I have never been more myself with anyone else, and never wanted to be so much better than I am when I'm with him. He's actually quite a lot like my dad in the way that he "internalizes" things rather than talking about them and he never wants to "be the party" just rather observe it. This actually complements my quite nicely and I think I may complement him just as well. We push each other to grow in ways that we wouldn't normally. Best part is that HE LOVES ADVENTURE! There will be no dragging him along to go hiking or travel with me for he loves it just as much as I do.
The Proposal:
Thursday night Andrew came over to my house to watch a movie. He mentioned that in his class that night he met a guy who could get us the hook ups to go on the lift at Brighton at 8:00 instead of 9:00 for just an hour for free! I agreed to come along for the ride even though it was kind of early for just a run or two but Andrew seemed fairly excited to do it so of course i was in!
He picked me up Friday morning and we headed off to the resort. Once we got the the resort he called his "friend" and talked with him to get the low down. We got ready and headed over to the lift.
Side note- we had to wait for the lift to go around completely before we could get on. While waiting Andrew taught me a "trick" that you can do on your board with only one foot strapped in. All you do is cross your back foot over your front foot after pushing. He told me I would more than likely fall over if I tried but in my pride I said "I dunno I'm pretty good at this pushing thing". Right as I said it I fell flat on my back yelling "OH FETCH" on the board shot 10 feet away. We had a good laugh.
Anywho, we rode the Great Western up, which takes you to the highest peak at Brighton. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, The sun shining, fresh powder, and NO ONE else on the mountain. Once at the top Andrew pulls over to the side, As i'm trying to strap in I notice that something is wrong with my binding so he comes over and tries to fix it. After that he says something along the lines "I am such a lucky man" and I give him a big hug and try to get ready to strap in...but he kept going. Saying all this super cute romantic stuff, I noticed it was kind of formal and really long. As he kept talking i got suspicious and when he reached for his pocket i knew for sure what was going on. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was absolutely perfect!
After that every thing started making sense...
-We talked to his "friend" at the bottom who is actually just the general lift manager that Andrew pulled some strings with.
- I called my Dad to tell him that Andrew had proposed because he had been teasing me the night before saying "what if he never asks you to marry him? Are you going to ask him?". Before i could tell him that he had proposed he said "so did anything special happen up the canyon today?". I was perplexed as to how he knew. The real story is that Andrew had called him earlier that week asking for his "blessings" and he knew the entire time and was just messin with me!
Andrew and I will be getting married in the Draper Temple on May 6th and will have a reception in Bountiful.
Other than wedding news:
I'm in school, taking 20 credit hours again. Kinesiology, Exercise and Sports Physiology, Exercise and sports Nutrition, Math 1010, Personal Training Industry, and TRX. I also am doing my internship which in itself is 10 hours a week.
On top of that i'm working for my dad, competing in a Gold's Gym Body Change Challenge, and planning my own wedding. I'm not sure what i got myself into and hopefully i'm still alive to see my own wedding.
Well this isn't very interesting. :)
ReplyDeleteOh that's much better! Words! And congratulations!!
ReplyDeletehey, i just realized something totally freaking awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe got engaged at brighton TOO!!!!!
It's fated.
Yeah, congrats! That is SUPER exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Laura! I'm so excited for you! May is awesome month to get married! Maybe just maybe I will be out there.
ReplyDeletecongrats laura, if you need any help i'm offering my time. even if it's just assemply invitations or wedding favors or anything you need, i'm here!
ReplyDeletethat's supposed to say assembling...
ReplyDeleteLaura - congrats on your engagement! Andrew sounds like a perfect match for you. You are so busy!! What an awesome gal you are! Wish we could be there for the wedding. Looks like we will be there sometime after the new little green sprout shows up. It will be a quick trip, but hope to see you then.
ReplyDelete