Denali has been going to Joy School all year with 3 other girls from our ward. The mom's of the girls have taken turns teaching each week and let me just say, it was a learning experience for everyone!
As with anything else, there were good days and there were bad days (mostly good though)! We sang songs, talked about our bodies, the earth, moods/feelings, curiosity, letters, numbers...the list goes on and on. My personal favorite was song time. It always amazed me how quickly the girls could learn a song. They are definitely little sponges and pick up on everything.
For our Graduation they sang 5 songs, received diplomas and report cards, and showcased their skills to all their loved ones. It was all of 15 minutes long which I'm thinking should be the length of every graduation!
| Singing Five Little Ducks |
| Our first graduate! I couldn't help but to giggle at all the little things we did for them. It was a bunch of fun though. |
| Cora, Summer, Piper, Denali, Sadee |
| This is the best family picture we got and I kind of love it! |
Teaching was really hard sometime and I learned so much about myself and about teaching a group a littles. I'll definitely do it again for sure!
how fun! i don't remember much from my own joy school, except from the pictures my mom has kept all these years, but i'm sure it was awesome ;) i hope i get to do this with gracie girl in a couple years.
ReplyDelete