Friday, July 31, 2009

Need a real thrill?

Just jump out of on air plane! I found out that does the trick.
For the last three or four years i kept asking my dad if i could go sky diving for my 18th birthday. His answer was always "yes, as long as i don't have to go with you".
This July was my birthday and my dad asked me what i wanted. I told him i wanted a new pair of running shoes and i wanted to go sky diving.
This last Wednesday i went sky diving!
It was so totally awesome!!!!!!!!! I was the only girl there and the only person who had never been before. I wasn't nervous at all, i just enjoyed the scenery. I must admit i don't like Ogden at all but it can be rather pretty from an air plane. Then the doors opened and i realized I CANT TURN BACK! i started freaking out like a little girl, mostly because i was SO excited! I watched as the others dropped out of the plane and then next it was my turn! The had pretty much only told me how to hold my body in the air and the was the most training i got. My partner told me i had to stick my toes over the edge of the plane. Wow! what a feeling! hanging over the edge of an air plane thinking I'm going to die! I'm going to die! he pushed us out on the count of three and thank goodness i was attached to him of i dont think i would have gone!
By far the best part was the 1 minute free fall. The wind pretty much ripped my lungs out but i didnt care! it was sooooo awesome!
he taught me how to land when we were landing and that was that! I was shaking for about 10 minutes after. If any of you have read the book the Uglies I imagine that jumping out of a plane is exactly how being totally bubbly feels! My head was clearer then it had ever been and all i wanted was to go to crazy stuff i would never normally do.
Thank you Daddy so much! It was totally worth it!

3 comments:

  1. You are crazy! I don't think I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! i would love to go sky diving but i think i would be too scared. My 7th grade teacher went skydiving 3 times! p.s i love the uglies series!

    ReplyDelete