Monday, May 31, 2010

Zumba Cert and Super Bike!

My Adventures of the weekend consisted of this!
Friday night I got about 2 hours of sleep when I had planned on getting about 8 since the next day was my ZUMBA CERTIFICATION!
I woke up with a head ache, sore throat, and a stomach ache....what a great way to start off my 10 hour day :)
Can I just say I FREAKING LOVE ZUMBA. When i'm in a Zumba class I feel the same way I did when i was 12 watching Shamu in Sea World. It makes me want to cry because I know it's something I want to do and something I'm going to be good at!
After check in we had a master class with our instructor and it was amazing!!!! She has such high energy and makes you work your A** off!

The entire day was a lot of hard work and i continued to not feel too great through out the day but I loved every second of it.
If you have never taken a Zumba class YOU NEED TO! It's not just a great work out but it's really fun! It increases you self esteem, and really makes you feel sexy and fit.
In order to stay a Zumba instructor for more then 12 months with out doing another certification class I had to sign up to be a ZIN member which will cost me $30 a month.
I had to keep reminding myself "Laura! this is your career! this is what you're going into! this is what you want to do for the rest of your life! I think spending $30 dollars is a small price to pay".
I kept thinking "oh man this is going to be hard" or "Oh man this is a lot of money" but really, I get an amazing feeling when I do it and i know it's going to be something I really love to do and that it is worth the hard work.
This is a dude at the Performax Gym where the Zumba Cert was held. I had to take a picture because i'm pretty sure he was on steroids.
This is my shirt after only an hour of class. I was really glad to bring more spare clothes.
After going home and crashing I really just wanted to sleep but of course I COULDN'T! I ended up going to a music gig with my friend. I knew no one and froze by butt off! So I guess that's an adventure?
Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Headed out to the Super Bike with John Ashley Ryan and my Papi!
They were just doing warm up laps when we got there. Holy cow they go fast!!! The announcer said that the racers get up to about 190 MPH on the strait away!
Ryan and Ash told us about the Dodge Thrill Ride that you could sign a waver and wait in line for. Pretty much you got to ride in awesome cars and drift around corners! I loved it!
Best part, Ashley had the same driver I had before me (about 30 minutes before). After screaming, yelling and laughing the driver said to me "you yell just as much as your sister".
What the? How did he know we were sisters! We don't look that much alike!
Man I wish my butt looked like that! Ashley and I had a great time tearing down the "umbrella girls" at the track to make our selves feel better about our inadequate bodies.
After the Super Bikem I dropped John off at his family party in Farmington and headed to my family party in Ogden! It was very enjoyable as always! I love to be with my family:)

What I loved about my adventures this weekend: I feel one step closer to becoming "what i want to be when i grow up". I've also realized that I can't get anywhere with out a positive attitude. Not only for myself but for those around me! If I continue to bring myself down I think i'll notice that those around me wont feel good when they're with me and eventually stop hanging around me.
Thank you so much for Sara, Ash and Ryan for your fantastic advice! And for everyone else who has given me advice in the past! Really it helps me more then you will ever know to talk to those who have gone through similar experiences:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm taking a zumba class tomorrow night! After you talking about it and seeing a commercial about zumba I found a place here and am taking it! I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancin' it up! here on Redwood teaches Zumba, maybe you can teach a few classes there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Laura - I have to plead ignorance....what is Zumba?????

    ReplyDelete