Thursday, May 27, 2010

sadness

How come I have to be so sad?! I'm sure everyone is sick of this, I'M sick of it!
I know i know "you make your self happy..." bla bla bla well I'm trying! and it sucks!
I shouldnt have to fight myself everyday.
I'm really trying to be content with this whole going to school and working thing but i'm not! It's true I do really like working and I love going to school until i think about all the amazing other places i could be right now!
I want adventure! and i dont mean "hey lets go for a hike" i mean lets go live in another country adventure! I mean service work adventure! or at least an other state!
I've always told myself I just had to hold on till i graduated high school and then my adventures can begin!
Well i'm out of high school and i'm not on an adventure :(
I cant tell you how unbelievably frustrating it is! I want to stay in school and get my associates in the spring but that means not working in the fall and spring which means no money which means an even longer wait to go someplace because sadly it's going to take a lot of money.
I probably just need a change in attitude, to be happy where i am and find joy it the journey but right now my life seems meaningless.
If anyone has suggestions please! please! please leave them!

2 comments:

  1. you should have gone to Jackson. that's my suggestion. :)

    I don't know what you're talking about because you have adventures all the time! hanging out of car windows and getting rained out of the drive in movies.

    Life is happening right--now. except now it's really right-- Now. and --Now. It's a moment by moment thing. Life isn't what's coming or what happend in the past. It's right now. Appreciate the small things, like the fact that you can go to school. That you're learning new things. that you get to hang out with your brothers at work and get to know them better and have real relationships with them. Who can say that about themselves?

    Life is an adventure if you make it one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Ashley said. I get in ruts all the time. I'm in one right now! Why can't life be as fun as what you read in books or hear about from other peoples' blogs, etc?

    I think the key is to enjoy the details. I'm trying to find beauty and new things in my everyday surroundings and in my relationships at work and at home. That way I won't be hankering to be going places and getting away from work and the normal routines all the time.

    ReplyDelete