Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Red Rock Adventure Day 1

The Outdoor Adventure Crew proudly presents day 1 of Red Rock Canyon.
So we actually had about 10 people who said they were coming. Slowly through the week, and some literally hours before we left cancelled on us, so our trip consisted of the creators of the club Andrew Titensor, Todd Hooper, and yours truly. Of course it would have been a lot of fun with everyone there but I sure had a blast anyway.
We left for Vegas around 5:00 am and arrived around 11:00 am.
Weather: sunny, high 60's
After setting up camp we waisted no time getting on the rocks.

Andrew getting ready to lead a 5.10C. For those of you who don't know the rating system easy is about 5.6 and continues to 5.15 = impossible. A 5.10 C is awesome and very difficult.
Andrew climbing the 5.10 C. Take a look at his climbing muscles.
Me at the top of the 5.10 C
Todd Rockin the same climb, this part was way fun with the overhang.
This is Andrew leading once again on a 5.10 A I believe. I like this picture, it's a perfect Petzl ad.

Todd was oober smart and walked around bare foot which resulted in a cactus to the foot.
This is Todd once again being awesome, check out him pulling his shorts down all girl like :)
This climb was incredible, the hardest part was the beginning where you see Todd in this picture. I couldn't do it so Todd and Andrew pretty much shoved my butt up the wall till I could climb.

You hardly ever get a picture of Andrew smiling with teeth!

Later on I decided I needed to lead something, so i lead a 5.8 and decided it was too easy and needed something to get my heart racing. Andrew wouldn't tell me what this climb was until I finished it. It was a blast to do. Lead climbing is a totally different feeling then top rope. Your heart is pounding, your palms are sweating and you just pray you don't fall because if you do you're going a long ways. It was only a 5.9 but the hardest climb i've lead before. The belay spot was pretty sweet too.
Todd...What a kool kid.
This is Andrew's photo shoot :) :) :)


Ya we're cool.

Todd told us to act like we liked each other...
My hands after climbing, they get crazy dirty.

For dinner we had pulled pork sandwiches. Todd insisted on opening the package with his "knife" even though there was a pull tab.
That night we went to a Marriot and soaked our bodies the the hot tub for a good hour or so. Then back to camp for a camp fire and off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. laura, these pictures are RAD!! i love them, and you + the boy are soooo cute. i hope to be able to join you guys on one of your adventures sometime! keep doing them, and i'm sure i will be able to go at some point!! love you!

    ReplyDelete