Thursday, November 25, 2010

Red Rock Adventure Day 2

Day two of our adventure started out at bout 2:30 am when we were awoken by the craziest wind I've ever experienced. Our tent literally bent in half on top of us so we spent the night waking up over and over again to some fierce gust of wind.
That morning was freezing but we made the best of it by making some delish pancakes complete with chocolate chunks. We also had some sausage and peaches along with some OJ.


While sitting in the car, contemplating what our next move was and trying to stay out of the wind we had a show performed by our hippy neighbors. I guess you simply smack every part of your body with a bamboo stick, supposedly it helps your blood flow or something.

The only place we could climb was the Black Corridor. A small canyon that offered enough protection from the wind that you wouldn't get blown off the rock. It was packed but it made it really awesome to climb in.

You can see all the people on both sides of the canyon walls.



My shoe came untied on in the middle of my climb.
Right after I got down from this climb it started pouring rain and we were forced to bail.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew how to rock climb. But I think I'd wuss out now.

    ReplyDelete