Saturday, December 4, 2010

2 Things That REALLY Work

....Foam Rollers and Flax Seed

I'm sure you've all heard of foam rollers, well i would just like to share with you all that they really work! honestly with all this running and biking I do, sometimes I feel like my IT band is going to just snap but when i remember to roll out my legs every day I don't have a problem.

I had my gall bladder removed about 2 years ago and since then ***MAY WANT TO STOP READING IF YOU DON'T LIKE TALKING ABOUT POO*** i have never had a normal BM since. Since my body can't release bile at the proper time it has an extremely hard time digesting fat, so it all just comes out the other end. I seriously have not had a day diarrhea free for almost two years UNTIL i discovered flax seed. I did some research on it finding that of course it is great for cholesterol, cognitive function and acts the same way as your omega fish oil but it also has A LOT of other wonderful benefits. It can help hugely for people who have crohns disease, proving to actually heal the inside of your digestive track. So anywho, I figured I would have to give it a try. Since I started eating my flax seed/ granola for breakfast every morning I have not had a SINGLE DAY OF DIARRHEA! This is a HUGE thing for me! I know it's gross but shoot me for being excited about having a normal BM for once. I think i would recommend this for anyone who has digestive problems in anyway. I'm sure it would help someone with IBS.
Did you know that you can also substitute flax seed for eggs and such in your baking?! how cool is that? I would encourage everyone to take a look at flax seed and do your research. So far I've been very impressed.

2 comments:

  1. i'm not gonna lie, at first, i really thought when you said 'foam rollers' that you were talking about the foam curler things you put in your hair that are like from the 80's haha. but then you were talking about biking and such and it didn't make sense...oh wow. anyway, my IT band sucks a butt (especially come mud run time) so you should teach me how to 'roll out my legs' cuz i don't even know what that means! k thanks. ps - congrats on the normal digestive system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, good find with flax seed, glad its helping. having babies messes with your insides too...but not that bad....and i think i'm pretty much back to normal.

    ReplyDelete