There has been a large array of emotions through the entire courtship.
Starting off with the excitement of getting engaged, telling all my friends, thinking of fun ideas of the wedding, picking out colors, and going to bridal fairs.
I'm not much of a planner, I'm an orange or yellow personality depending on which color scale. Orange personalities like to see "the big picture". They work well at finding the ideas and getting the ball moving. They aren't so great with the details. Typically if they were to run a business they would need a white personality assistant. Someone to make "the big picture" happen.
I have really enjoyed being able to plan the wedding, search for reception centers, pick out the dress, etc but I can tell you that I will be incredibly happy when they day is here and there will be no more "you need to call these people","you need to make this","what about doing this".... Although I can't say much because I have had SO MUCH help through everything! My mom has helped me so much, Andrew has done way more for me than i think normal grooms do, family and friends have designed invites, given me free massages, put in extensions 2 times just to figure out they ruined my hair and I won't be using them for the wedding. Even if my family specifically didn't "do" something for me, they have stuck by my side through all the planning and the running around and put up with me taking over the office with presents and wedding supplies.
Now it's down the the final days. Last night I started packing up some of the thing around my room, putting them in boxes for the move. It hit me that I really will be moving out, a day that I have looked forward to since I was 16 years old. I had dreams, dreams to travel the world. To hike this, do that. I had dreams to go on a mission, teach the gospel, learn a new language but just as what was said in Tangled I got a new dream. Andrew is my new dream. The best part is, that im not giving up my other dreams. I get the ultimate package. I now have someone to do those dreams with.
I can not fully describe the overwhelming gratitude I feel. I am so blessed. I look at my life from exactly a year ago, where I was, who I was, and it is incredible to me how much happier I am. That I've been aloud to be so happy, and that I have been blessed beyond anything I ever imagined.
I have been thinking a lot lately about choices. Everyday we are faced with countless choices we have to make. Some are not profound or life altering, but some are. I met my friend Sarah Eccles on the high school dance team. We went out of touch my senior year but Sarah's mom came into my work one day and told me about the LDS sororities at the U and that Sarah was wanting to join one. I called Sarah up for the first time in a year that day and we signed up together. We ended up getting into Delta, a sorority that i loved. The following year we could no longer be in that sorority because of the day they met and entered into Sigma.
One day the Delta girls called me and told me that they were having an exchange on the day we had our other sorority and they thought it would be fun if we came for fun. We debated which one to go to and decided on Delta and that is were I met Andrew.
Andrew and I got our Temple recommends signed by the stake president today. All day I have been so happy and so content. I know that it is was the Lord wants and that it is with out a doubt the right thing to do. I am so excited to be sealed to such an incredible man. A man that loves me, and wants to be with me through eternity.
Thank you so much for all of your love and support. For helping me become who I am today.
i love this post so much. i'm so excited for you laura!! marriage is the greatest adventure! and what makes it even sweater, you will be sharing the adventure with your best friend.
ReplyDeleteyaayyyy. i love this too. i find myself so oober excited for pretty much everyone that's getting married. now that i'm married, i understand. it really is such a very sweet life :)
ReplyDeleteyay!
ReplyDeleteThat's all I can really say. Yay!
Just know, this turnout is the realization of other people's dreams for you too. namely mine. ;)
yaaaaaay!!!