Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's one of those times when I'm not sure what to do...
I had my life all planned up until I got married and now what?...
I thought I about going back to school at the U this fall and entering into their Exercise Science program. It's quite a reputable program, but there for also very intense and all around consuming. I hear that the people who enter the program don't work or pretty much do anything besides school. I met with the counselor for the program and she lined me up with all the classed I needed to take. It made me a bit mad to find out my Anatomy, biology, physiology, sports and exercise physiology and kinese classes all did not transfer over and do not count for the program because the U is so picky about the content of the classes. So will all those classes plus 4 more math classes THEN I can start getting into the real meat of the program. The counselor laid out a plan for me, taking 13 credits a semester, I will be in school for 4-5 more years. I know that these days a "4" year degree isn't really only 4 years but I didn't not expect 4 more years of school. That is including summers as well. I really would like to do this program but as I left the office that day I thought about all of it in the big scheme of things. Andrew really would like to go back to school as well to get him MBA and I think that is a priority over my schooling. The only reason he is not in school is because you can not get government grants for grad school. Also if I went to school right now I would not be able to work the hours I have been working therefor we would not be able to save the money we need for our future goals.
I ultimately decided it wasn't the time right now to go back to school although I would really really like to do something more with sports medicine and possibly go to medical school. I'm just not exactly sure how it's all going to fit in. But as much as I want to continue my education it just "feels" right to wait, I didn't feel like I was making a huge mistake not signing up for classes which is a sign to me that for right now, i'm making the right decision.
Right now I'm working almost full time as an installer for my Papi. It's not my ideal job but he pays me well and I get as much time off as i need :) I'm also of course teaching my Zumba class on Fridays and becoming more and more comfortable with teaching, I now feel like I can go out and start looking for more opportunities to teach which is very comforting.
Along with everything else I am trying to get my personal training business rolling. I'm one step away from getting it up and running and then all I need is clients! haha I'm looking forward to finally being able to train someone one on one.
As for my own health, it's not the greatest. I have not been able to get into a routine since I've gotten married. At first I tried to work out in the evenings after work but truth be told I'm pooped after running around all day installing furnaces, and don't have much time between cleaning and trying to get my business going.
I have now tried working out in the morning which is better than the evening. Although I'm not exactly a morning person but it's not like i'm a night person either. I don't really like getting up before 8 but I don't really like going to bed after 11. It's an on and off thing and still hasn't become habit to get up and work out.
I was actually planning on training for a triathlon this summer and competing in one in the fall. So far that hasn't happened and I've been quite disappointed and frustrated because of it. One of my favorite things to do is workout but I've been so tired and unmotivated that I just can't make myself do it anymore. The most frustrating thing is that i'm a personal trainer, shouldn't I be able to get myself into shape? Shouldn't my motivation simply be all the reasons that i learned in school? I've been told many times that even personal trainers need a trainer, this statement is soo true!
Other than just working out or lack there of, my health hasn't been up to what it normally is. I get migraines a couple times a week, I get nauseated after I eat, my heart rate shoots through the roof when I go hiking or running, and I don't feel well at all after working out (head ache, light headed...). I even follow all the rules about eating after your work out, getting enough calories and so on but i'm just not feeling well.
I told Andrew that I've been living for 20 years now and I can tell when my body is functioning properly and I can tell when something is not right as well. I think i'll just keep experimenting and listening to my body and trying to figure it out.
Anywho other than that I'm still loving life, going on lots of Adventures, and still trying to find the fun in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment