Wednesday, April 10, 2013

St George / Yankee Doodle

Andrew Denali and I got to spend a prefectly delightful Conference weekend in St George with the Titensor Fam.

Since Andre had a meeting with he Search and Rescue Volunteers till eight on Thursday we had a late get go. It actually worked out quite nicely because Denali was asleep the entire way down.
I had big plans to take my bike into Zion Friday and ride around but no one else really seemed enthused so I let my expectations go and we just did what ever which included Chick-Fil-A (the owners are in Andrew's parents ward so we had to check it out), shopping, napping, a bike ride, Olive Garden, movie watching, swimming, and more sleeping. I've actually been sick for 2 weeks now so I think it was probably best that I didn't got for my original 40 mile bike ride I had planned.
Todd, Matt, and Nae all arrive around 11:30 pm that night.

Rachel and Mom at Olive Garden. Such pretty pretty ladies.

I told Andrew he would just have to deal with the fact that he looks like crap in this picture because Denali is tooooooooooo cute!

Saturday morning we took it easy (although I did go for a run and explored the near by cliffs) and watched the first session of General Conference. After lunch we all loaded up, Denali and Mom excluded, to hike Yankee Doodle. Yankee Doodle is a technical slot near St George with only one (real) rappel and lots of technical down climbs. It was a blast to do. The girls took lead on most of it which I think made us feel empowered or something. I spent most of the hike just laughing and hanging with my sister in-laws which was much needed. We ended the day with a little swimming, the boys went to Priesthood, and watched The Proposal (such a good movie).













I dunno...it was just a big flat rock...










Sunday was just a lazy day. I slept in till conference started, we watched conference, cleaned the house and headed back home.
A very chill weekend. Did I mention the weather was beautiful? Maybe that was already implied.

No comments:

Post a Comment