Friday, April 25, 2014

Killer Door @ the Aquarium

Denali, Nora, and I decided to take a trip to the aquarium on Tuesday. The wind was so crazy that I wanted to get inside of the aquarium as fast as possible, I had Nora in the Bjorne on my chest and Denali on my hip. A HUGE gust of wind hit right before we were about to open the door to get inside. I remember ducking my head down and putting my hand on Nora's head to try to protect her from any dust. Next thing I know, I'm flat on my back and both Nora and Denali are screaming. The wind had blown the door open, smacked me and Denali in the head, and thrown me strait to the ground. 

I was originally so worried about Nora that I hardly gave Denali a look. It wasn't until the worker who was helping me told me that Denali was bleeding that I saw the cut on her forehead. I was in a little bit of shock and shaking pretty badly but so far doing well. They gave me a first aid kit (the same one I have in my own car) and I cleaned Denali up and put a butterfly bandage on it to hold the cut closed. 

Denali was still freaking out a little at this point so I told her we were going to go see the sharks before going to get daddy from school. We did, and since she was doing really well and didn't seem to be in pain I thought about staying a little longer. I guess the shock began to wear off by then though because I realized that my head was pounding, my toe was gashed open, I had a large scrape on my ankle, and had bit my tongue and cheek pretty badly. I decided it was best to get to Andrew, so we left.   


Under the bandage is a wad of cotton balls will numbing gel. The nurse had a hard time getting it on her head (due to the freaking out) and some of it got on her eye lid. She had a really hard time keeping that eye open and said "my eyes are falling asleep mommy". 

Eating breakfast the next morning.
Getting the stitches was pretty traumatizing for her and for me. It took three of us to hold her down and took almost 10 minutes to get the stitches into place. 10 minutes of crying, screaming, freaking out, Denali. I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon. 

The next day I noticed bruises on Denali's leg and on my hand and knee. I've had a goose egg (luckily above the hair line) and a head ache, accompanied with plenty of neck pain, for three days now. It's like we were in a car accident! I'm forever grateful that it was my head and hand that got hit and not Nora's head. I can't imagine what that door would have done to Nora's head. Truly a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment