Monday, May 12, 2014

FHE for Toddlers

Andrew and I haven't really worried about doing Family Home Evening in the years past because it was like every night was family night. A few months ago I decided that Denali was old enough to start really understanding some of the basics. She has started to say our evening prayers (will help of course) and I felt like she needed to know why we say prayers. I was pretty nervous about how FHE was going to go with a toddler. I was imagining a very hyper little girl and a frustrated mom.
Our first FHE was very simple. We started off with a prayer and then looked at some pictures of Jesus. At the exact moment I started to speak about our Heavenly Father and Jesus the most intense spirit filled the room. I felt the undeniable burning of the spirit confirming that what I was doing was right and that teaching Denali at a young age was important. Denali sat very quietly and listened to what Andrew and I were teaching her (a miracle). We ended with a Primary song and treats.
I spoke to Andrew about the experience afterwards and he said he had the exact same experience. It's not often that the spirit makes such an impression on me. I know that FHE is important even if it's simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment