Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm an aunty!

This morning at 5:46 am Bridget Grace Dearden was born. 5 pounds 10 ounces.....
I was so overwhelmed when i first held Bridget. I starting balling my eyes out. She is seriously sooo beautiful! and I'm not just saying that because shes part of the family and i have to, she really is so cute and little. I cant get enough of her, she is just to perfect!
I guess my papa went and saw her in the morning to give her a blessing because she was having trouble breathing and he started tearing up when he first held her also. My dad tries to make everyone think he is a tough guy but we all know that he's a banana and is all gooshy on the inside.
I'm so excited for Mike and Brenna! They are going to be amazing parents.

2 comments:

  1. The overwhelming bawling upon first holding your niece/nephew doesn't go away! It's something that's very hard to describe, but this is what I've convinced myself of: these new babies are straight from Heaven and perfect in every way. It's a very spiritual experience, much like when you're touched during a talk or testimony meeting. Many people cry when touched by the Spirit.
    Congrats to all the Mike and Brenna Dearden family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great being an aunt! I'm so excited for Sara to have her baby because I know it will be different than having a nephew/niece from the in-law side. Even though I still love my nephew! Count yourself lucky you get to watch her grow up. It's the worst when you have to say goodbye each time, and then they hardly recognize you when you see them again! congrats!

    ReplyDelete