Since I am currently in the Fitness Technician program at SLCC and my ultimate goal is to become a personal and group trainer i decided that maybe i should get into shape.
I just recently started with a personal trainer at Golds Gym. I meet with him every 2 weeks because that's all i can afford. So far I've done jack! I eat like a pig and i don't go to the gym nearly as much as a should.
I have found my new motivation. If I'm going to help my clients lose weight and get buff then i was thinking maybe i should have some personal experience of losing weight and getting buff. I've never lost weight, but that is not really my goal.
Maybe some of you have heard of SMART goals :
-Specific
-Measurable
-Attainable
-Realistic
-Time Bound
Goal #1- I will gain 5lbs of lean body weight by 11/11/09 by working out 5 days a week and eating 1600cals a day including .9 grams of protein.
Here is a cool little calculation for you:
5 250 1750 26
by gaining 5lbs of lean body weight (hopefully replacing 5 lbs of fat) I can then burn up to 250 calories more by just sitting around doing nothing which = 1750 extra calories burned a week =1/2lb of fat burned per week which = 26lbs loss per year.
Now i don't expect to lose 26 lbs because then i would be a shriveled up little girl laying in a hospital bed. I hope to replace my % body fat with muscle.
1st Measurement 9/11/09:
Weight: 120 lbs
Chest: 33 1/2"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 37" (widest part of hips and butt)
Thigh: R 18 1/2" L 18" (measuring 10" down from hip bone)
Go Laura!
ReplyDelete