Saturday, October 24, 2009

Barn Dance/Blind Date

Yesterday was our sororities annual Barn Dance and also my very first blind date. A gall named Shelly from my sorority set me up with her cousin Andrew. During the week Andrew and i texted a bit and i found out he grew up with my cousin Karina. I asked Karina about him and she said that he had a thing for her and usually acted shy around her so she didn't know him too well. On the date Andrew told me that Karina had a thing for him. Ha ha ha i wonder which one was lying. Maybe neither.
So we were supposed to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls. I had an outfit picked out but as they day went on i soon realized i would not be able to wear it because my dress kept riding up my crotch. So with only 30 min to go i got this amazing idea! I remembered borrowing some clothes from the Sano's for trek and in those clothes i remembered red long johns. I figured if i can't find anything that makes me look good, why not go crazy!! My date thought it was awesome, thank goodness, and i ended up winning best dressed. Over all it was one of the most fun dates I've been on. Andrew was super goofy and just tons of fun. Not the best dancer though so i just let him think i wasn't any good either. After the square dancing was over we stayed with Delta and played games till 2:00 in the stake center. I was completely beat and slept VERY well.
Delta and their dates

3 comments:

  1. You are my hero! You wore that to a BLIND date? How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear laura,

    you are THE COOLEST! love your guts.

    love,

    mary

    ReplyDelete