This is my first "real" rodeo. When I say real I mean professional rodeo. I guess the Strawberry day's rodeo is a qualifier for big national competitions so there were a lot of big names there.
We go there plenty early to get the best seats in the house and while waiting we ate some dinner.

Apparently a burger wasn't good enough for Andrew so he went back and got a hot dog. He also insisted that we tried the strawberries and cream that they sell there every year. They were SO yummy and i'm sure very healthy with the heavy cream that i'm sure is the "cream" part.

Waiting for the rodeo to start.
Andrew was very excited for the mutton bustin. Simply put, it's little kids riding little sheep.
The "cash cow".
They stick cash all over a couple of cows and let all the little kids run around trying to earn a bit of cash. SO funny to watch at least 100 little kids chasing the cows across the stadium. I feel bad for all the little kids that got trampled, not by the cow, but my the other kids eager to get some cash.
Then of course they had the saddle bronc, bare back, steer wrestling, calf roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Andrew's dad grew up in Afton Wyoming and actually competed in the bare back competitions back in his prime. It was fun to imagine his dad actually doing that.
After the rodeo was a firework show, not the best I've ever seen, and I wanted to go ride some rides. I learned thought that Andrew doesn't like carnival rides...wish i would have known this BEFORE we got married ;)
We went over to Andrew's parents house who live in Orem (strawberry days was in Pleasant Grove) to sleep over because I was supposed to be back down the following morning for Danae's Bridal Shower. Andrew and I watched Singles Ward since we figured we would find it more humorous now that we've both experienced a singles ward.
The shower was as planned, complete with games, presents, and food.
Grandma Titensor, Danae (or Nay nay), Nay nays little sister, Rachel, and Sarah (Nay's cousin)
After the shower I ran up to West Bountiful to my sister's Baby Shower. Our Cousin Sara hosted it and did quite a nice job!
Opening presents
The shower was themed "cookies and milk" so of course we were served chocolate chip cookies, cookie dough cupcakes, and milk. She did a great job decorating and I especially loved the details.
Cousin Jamie, Grandma Ann, Grandma McAllister, Grandma Green, and Janel (Ryan's Aunt)
After Ashley's shower I rushed back down to the Titensor's to get ready for Nay Nay's endowment session. It's nice to be at the temple again with so much family and so much fun to watch Danae. She reacted completely different then I did. She smiled and laughed the entire time as apposed to me who just balled.
We went to the Purple Turtle which I guess is kind of tradition. I'm assuming it's like going to Paces or Nielson's if you live in Bountiful. Then back to the Titensor's to once again sleep over since we were having a Fathers Day dinner the following day.
It's actually been extremely nice to get away form our house for a "vacation" even though it isn't technically a vacation. I haven't had to clean or cook or pretty much do anything for the entire evening. Ahhh it feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment