I currently teach one Zumba class at The Park Center in Murray. It's a 6 am class and a couple weeks ago I almost gave up. Zumba is harder than I thought it would be. It's EXHAUSTING! Since I can never stop moving, because if I stop moving everyone stops moving, my heart rate is up in the 180 + for about an hour straight. Awesome work out, but a bit hard on my body at 6 am. It used to be that I would just plan for a terrible migraine every Friday after teaching. Then I started taking an Excedrin before I taught which prevented a head ache but I also have an intense reaction to a lot of caffeine. I get a sore throat, and with enough caffeine like the amount found in migraine meds my throat actually swells up and it becomes hard to breath. Along with the throat thing I get very dizzy and light headed. So about a month ago I put in my 2 weeks after a particularity bad class (i kept messing up choreography) and a bad head ache. Obviously I didn't end up actually following through with my 2 weeks. The next week I was dreading and did not want to teach and hoped no one showed up. My 3 regulars that were not there the previous week all came and I taught the class and had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is just something about having regulars, the people who are always there, the people who smile at you even though they know you just messed up terribly. I decided I couldn't quit and I would have to keep teaching. From then on I've actually become much more relaxed and am able to have much more fun with it! I yell and scream and just goof off and get a much better reaction from the class members.
Now as I get more and more involved and learn more songs and get into the Zumba mode I'm starting to get addicted to it, the way I was before becoming an instructor.
True I don't have a lot of people in my class, and people come and go, but I always have the same 3 girls and that's good enough for me!
If you want to come join the party then let me know! i'll get you a free pass for your first time! I promise you that you'll burn LOTS of calories and won't even notice you are working out! Please come and party!!! Help me get the energy level up in my class! Yay for Zumba!
i just might have to take you up on one of these friday mornings :)
ReplyDeleteas soon as I don't get winded just going up the stairs and then cough up thick green creamy sputum, I'll be there!
ReplyDeleteoops, that's not Ryan, It's me--Ashley. ;)
ReplyDelete