Thursday, September 6, 2012

My "I'm so fat" post and check up ;)

Body fat % - 23.3
BMI - 24.5
Weight -135 lbs

Hmm...better than I thought after checking my post 4ish weeks ago. I've pretty much decided that I'll probably be staying around 135 lbs at least until I'm done breast feeding which I'm cool with. I'm actually pretty happy where I am at and am just glad that I'm still producing enough milk for the wee little one.

I've been doing Insanity for the last 3 weeks mostly just to try it out to see what I like and don't like about it. So far I'm liking the results but don't like the back pain. I'm going to take a break from it because I feel like it puts a lot of stress on your lower back. I'll focus on strengthening it while doing weights for a couple weeks and then go back and see how it feels.

I have also been riding my bike a lot. I'm really nervous that I'm going to get into shape on my bike and then winter will come and it will be bye bye to the bike. I love the feeling of riding the bike, you get the same cardiovascular benefit that you would get from running but go farther distance and not as much wear and tear on things like your knees (+ you always have a breeze).

As far as nutrition goes, I'm really focusing on calorie in and calorie out, mostly because I want to make sure I'm getting enough. With breast feeding +  working out I could run the risk of not eating enough to produce milk.

Can I just take one second and say rant about something? Okay good! ;)

If you are a fireman you probably talk about your job. You probably even talk about it more than other subjects that might randomly come up on a conversation. Same thing if you are a school teacher, you probably talk about little timmy and how he put a tack on your chair. Well the same thing happens when you are a personal trainer. People tent to think I have an obsession for weight loss, looking good, being healthy, reaching wellness goals and to be honest I guess I kind of do but its also MY JOB! Of course I want to lose weight, of course I want to talk about how sweet this one fitness program is, of course I'm going to share what works for me and what totally sucks because IT'S MY JOB and my passion. Please stop thinking I'm unhealthy and hate myself and have terrible self esteem and am going to go anorexic because I'm not!

I work out everyday because I like it! Because it's a HUGE stress reliever. Yes I LOVE  to lift weights because it feels good but not because I'm obsessing with how I look. I go to fitness classes because I love to be around people, I love to socialize with people in the class, I like to get out of the house. I will talk to you about your goals for wellness because it's something in common we have and because I would love to share anything I can with you (only if you want it) to make you more successful because lets just all admit that losing weight is hard and it sucks and any little thing to make it easier is huge!

This probably seems like it's all coming from nowhere, and for some of you it is, but I often feel like I'm not supported in my own weight loss goals for one reason or the other. I am not losing weight rapidly, I'm not starving myself to lose weight, I'm not working out more than the recommended amount, I'm still producing enough food for Denali so please could I get a little support! Could I be encouraged to reach my goals just like everyone else?! I will always want to progress and to be better but I promise you that it is in a healthy way. I LIKE MYSELF! I'M OKAY WITH THE WEIGHT I AM AT RIGHT NOW but yes I am going to try to get back to my pre baby weight just like everyone else.

Please just excuse me if I seem to talk about fitness a lot. Like I said before, anyone and everyone talks about their job and their passions, mine just so happens to be fitness (in a healthy way!!).

Sorry, that was longer than one second.

Have a fantastic day yall!


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel the same way - it's crazy that it took some people so long to notice (or maybe they felt weird asking if I was losing weight so as to not offend me), but some people didn't say anything until I had lost over 30 pounds! I'm like, did you NOT notice before??? If you ever feel down or unsupported, or you just need to vent that you ARE being healthy, talk to Sara - she is incredible at motivation and honesty. When I told her I reached my initial goal, she said, "don't stop! Your child needs to see you work out and eat healthily to encourage those behaviors in her. It will have a positive impact on your kid if you treat yourself well". I am so proud of you, and I KNOW you will only do this the right way putting your health and Denali's health at the top of your priority list! You are awesome babe, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm built differently or something. With all my running I never have knee pain, not even after a marathon but I get on a bike for a few minutes and my knees are screaming at me to stop it! It's probably doesn't help that my bike is from high school (13+ years ago) or I use my mom's which probably isn't set to my height.

    ReplyDelete