Sunday, January 27, 2013


Andrew’s parents live in Orem which is about a 45 minute to an hour drive from our house in Bountiful. We go down at least every other weekend if not more. This oh so familiar drive often allows lots of thinking time. A couple weeks ago on our drive back from Orem I felt so useless! I kept talking to Andrew about how I add nothing to the world. I pretty much just take up space and recourses. I continued to tell him about how the only thing I do all day is clean the house, work, and take care of Denali. Of course he pointed out to me that although that is usually what takes up the majority of my time it’s not just a JUST, if you know what I mean.

 The conversation continued on without reconciling my thoughts about being useless. I told him that I wanted to do something in my everyday life to help people. Including strangers, people in the ward, animals, children, you name it. The problem is that I don’t seem to have a lot of time between playing with Denali, feeding Denali and my family, cleaning the house, working out and taking care of myself, and working 20 plus hours a week so that we can have some kind of insurance.

Our conversation ended with Andrew suggesting blogging. This kind of blew my mind because up until this time I always though Andrew viewed blogging as a waste of time. He suggested that Blogging is a way that I can share the gospel and possibly help others without actually having to leave the house. Blogging is something that can be done while Denali is napping or in the late evening when I seem to have the most “free time”.

Here I am blogging on a Sunday afternoon while Andrew is at church and I’m here at the house with Denali. Denali hasn’t been sleeping well so when she decided that church was the best nap time today we figured it was best to just let it happen. :)

I've talked many times on my blog about how I feel as though I am a terrible writer, my close to failing grades in English back me up, but I’m willing to give this a try. I’m not claiming my blog will change lives or even be an interesting read but I do hope that in some way I can add laughter, joy, and hope to some of my readers as I share my everyday experiences that help me grow and become closer to women I want to become. 


4 comments:

  1. I often feel like I'm not contributing enough or I'm really not that important. But even though all days aren't great. I'm making a difference in my children's life. And you are doing the same for Denali. I recommend the book No one can take your place, by Sherri Dew. It's very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one say Hurrah! I've missed your blogs and your thoughts and your writing. When I was a young woman and mother I took night classes and then day classes and eventually, after 12 years received my B.A. My mother use to tell me "There is a Time for All Seasons" and I was in my child rearing season. Well I wanted to learn and grow so I kept up with the classes. I guess my point is do what you want even if it takes a few years. A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my point really is: enjoy Denali and work in the other stuff as you can, even if it takes time.

    ReplyDelete