Thursday, January 31, 2013

Denali's Blessing

(This post is about 3 months late)

 Andrew and I decided to hold Denali's Baby Blessing at Andrew's parents house in Orem. Close family and friends came. It was a wonderful experience. Denali was able to be blessed by Andrew of course and all the the men in the family participated in the blessing. I honestly can't even remember what Andrew said in the blessing, although I did write what I remembered down in my journal.

I mostly remember the powerful feeling of the spirit and how incredibly touching it was to see so many manly men holding such a tiny innocent child. As I looked at all these men standing together as one, each one helping hold Denali up, I couldn't help but to think of  tree and all the roots that make it possible for the tree to stand. Pretty much a perfect comparison to how our actual lives are. I know that I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for the support of my family. I know that much of Denali's success will be made possible by her family. By me...Scary.




1 comment: