Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Denali and Laura at Temple Square

Denali asks me almost everyday to "look petty tempom?", aka look at pictures of the pretty temple. I decided  this morning, on a whim, to take her to temple square to see the pretty temple in person.

First we ate breakfast at the Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I would highly recommend their breakfast omelets and of course the cinnamon rolls are amazing as well.   


Since we were already in the JSMB we took our first look at the Temple from the top floor. 

"Tempom! Tempom! Tempom!"

Truthfully, Denali was much more interested in the fountain than looking at the temple. She would have gone swimming in it if I would have let her.

After walking around in the JSMB I thought it would actually be fun, for me more than Denali, to go look at the visitor centers located on Temple Square. Usually the only time I go in the Visitor Center is while looking at the lights during the Christmas season. This also means that there are hundreds of other people there doing the same thing. 

Today there was no one. The only other people I saw were sister missionaries. It was so peaceful and Denali behaved SO well. It gave me the opportunity to sit back, relax, and ponder. I didn't have to worry about Denali bugging anyone else because there wasn't anyone else there. It really was the most perfect, relaxing, morning I've had in a long time. I think Denali and I will have to go back and do a tour of the conference center sometime.




No comments:

Post a Comment