Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pregnancy #2 Update

Our poor second child already isn't getting as much attention as the first. I've hardly taken any "belly" pictures and this is my first real post about my pregnancy and how it is going. Maybe it's because I've done it all before and it's much less exciting? With all that said, I think it's time for me to post a little bit about baby number 2 pregnancy for my own records. 

First Trimester: In comparison to being pregnant with Denali, I feel like this go around was much worse, as far as nausea goes. In reality though its hard to compare because I didn't have to take care of another child when I was pregnant with Denali. I also didn't get the Norovirus when I was pregnant with Denali.

Second Trimester: This trimester was an absolute breeze, I honesty haven't even really felt pregnant. I've been able to keep up with my exercise and regular activity. I'm actually still attending the Body Combat class at Golds in Bountiful once a week, which I didn't think I would be able to. I did have a few weeks of some pretty intense fatigue but it was manageable. At my last doctors appointment I had very high blood pressure. It was so high in fact that I had to do a 24 urine test and some blood tests to check the protein levels. I had this same problem with Denali and she was born at 37 weeks due to high blood pressure. 
I was seriously bummed about having high BP because, as some of you know, this means bed rest, being induced, and all my hard work at staying healthy (as far as my cardiovascular system goes) would rapidly go down the toilet. Not to mention having to recruit family and friends to help me take care of Denali. 
I remembered that I can ask anything of my Heavenly Father so I prayed that I my blood pressure would lower and my testing would come back normal. I had in mind that if it was the Fathers will that I would just have to have a positive attitude about my current circumstance.
The next day my test results came back with normal levels and my blood pressure was back in its normal range. I don't think for one second that it was just by chance. Since then I've had normal BP ranges which i'm so grateful for.


Third Trimester: Since it's only my first week of this trimester I can't really tell you how it will compare but so far so good. As far as babies stats, she's right on target, actually about a week ahead of my predicted due date. I did have a low lying placenta but I got the clear a couple weeks ago to go ahead and have a vaginal delivery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment