We moved! Again! This is the fourth time Andrew and I have moved since getting married. Our first apartment was a tiny one bedroom in Murray. The Murray place had the most perfect location but after getting pregnant we needed more space and a way to save some money.
We were blessed with the opportunity to moved to Roy to work for a mortuary in exchange for free rent. Even though the hours we worked were almost the very definition of hell and the 1 hour commute for Andrew everyday was terrible, we saved the money we needed and had Denali with out going into any debt (and even paid for some pricey car repairs). We pretty much got out of that place ASAP since the work wasn't ideal and moved to Bountiful.
I loved this apartment, apart from the 4 times it flooded. Since I grew up in Bountiful, I knew the city well and felt comfortable there. Our landlords where wonderful and it was overall a great/affordable place to live. Then Andrew was accepted into the U of U MBA program and we needed to somehow find and even cheaper, if not free, place to live.
This lead us to live with my sister and brother in-law in Taylorsville. I, of course, have no complaints about these landlords either! haha. It was actually a fantastic place to live. Even though we had practically no place for our "things", we (and they) made it work. It was really fun to have roommates and someone around the house with me all day (not to mention that that someone is my best friend). But alas, we got pregnant and so did my sister. With two new babies being added to the family we all thought it best to make our stay with them short.
Everyone kept asking us where we were planning on living after moving out of Ryan and Ashley's house. Andrew and I honestly had no idea until about a month ago. Being someone who likes to plan ahead, I thought this would bug me, but surprisingly it didn't. I guess I just figured that the Lord had lead us down a pretty specific path so far (Brenna, my sister in-law was the one who know about the job in Roy and felt inspired to tell us about it, and Ashley being inspired to ask Ryan what he thought about us moving in) I figured he had something else in store for us.
As the weeks ticked by and nothing showed up I really didn't feel too worried but I knew we had to work our hardest to make something happen. We explored all our options including living with someone else, mortuary jobs, student housing, finding a part time job for myself, and there were plenty of ways we could go but nothing "felt right".
We got our answer in the middle of November when Andrew's parents announced to us kids that they would be serving as mission president and wife in the Mexico City North mission for three years. All that leads us to where we are now, here in Orem Utah. Um, WOW, could I have asked for a better answer to our prayers? Andrew will have to commute and take the Front Runner up to the U everyday and I'll be the farthest away from my family that I've ever been (oh no! an entire valley away!) but we get to live in a beautiful home for free and have a place to call home for the next 3 years.
I'd just like to say that with out a doubt I know that through out our entire marriage, small miracles have been granted to us. I say all of this moving around, having no money, deciding to have two kids in 3 years of marriage stuff all very lighthearted but in reality it has been the biggest, toughest, craziest, hardest, most fun adventure of my life. The Lord really has guided us every step of the way. In no way has my life gone according to plan or how I wanted it to but I'm so incredibly happy. More happy than I think I ever could have been going my own way. Paying your tithing, having faith to take a step into the dark, and laying down your life into the hands of the Lord is the best and only way to make it through this life.
Oh and thank you to all my family members who are obviously in tune with the Lord and have been there to save us time and time again. The Lord truly works through those around us to send us blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment