Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

The only way that this past Thanksgiving weekend would have been any better is if it had lasted longer. Andrew and I spent the weekend (4 days) down at his in-laws house in Orem so we had ourselves a little mini vacation. Although most of the weekend was spent doing absolutely nothing, as it should be, we also did a lot of fun things.
Some of our activities included watching Catching Fire, soaking in the hot tub multiple times,stuffing ourselves with lots of yummy food, a little black Friday shopping, hiking, singing in my last Utah Voices Choir Concert, and reading.

Our early morning soak on Thanksgiving Day

Hiking up by Sundance


Friday night all of the boys made their favorite dish from where they served their mission.  Completos (Chilean hot dogs), Buuz (pronounced Bodes, Mongolian Dumplings), and Sinigag (a Philippinio rice dish). My favorite were the completos, I think the other dishes have an acquired taste.

The whole family after the Utah Voices, Home for the Holidays, concert.


I really have so much to be thankful for, especially this year. The past 6 months have been some of the hardest of my life, and yet some of the most rewarding. Every day has been a challenge for me but the neat thing is that I can feel myself being changed in what I think is a good way. 

One of the things I'm most grateful for is family. I have no idea where my little family would be if we didn't have such great support from out family. We wouldn't be in graduate school, that's for sure. I owe everything to my family and everything that they have done for Andrew and I. I honestly didn't even know that my family had such capacity to love and to give. 

I always tell Andrew that he can't die or leave me because I really don't think I could doing anything with out him. It sounds cheesy but I know that we can make it through any trial as long as we love each other. I'm so grateful for the sacrifice Andrew is making for our family to go to school. 

I know this post was a little sappy but all of it is true and I needed to express my gratitude.   



No comments:

Post a Comment