Andrew and I thought we would get away for a bit before he starts school again on Monday. We didn't really do a lot which was probably because of my lack of ability to do much but what we did do was fun and relaxing.
Monday: Went to Zion for the morning. Denali does not like the tunnel you drive through to get to our first hike. She kept saying "Dark! No more tunnel!". Hiked to the bottom of Key Hole Canyon. Andrew went fishing on the river next to the Zion Lodge. Denali and I had a picnic, afterward we collected rocks and threw them in the river. Then swimming, dinner, a movie, and bed time.
 |
| Bottom of Key Hole Canyon |
 |
| On our way down from Key Hole we saw these bad boys! That was a first for me. |
 |
| "Tiny rock" |
 |
| The house that was smashed by falling boulders a few weeks ago. |
Tuesday: Andrew went fishing in the morning on the pond while Denali and I did circles around the pond watching the ducks and the fish. Lunch. Then I didn't feel very well and couldn't get my contractions to stop so Denali watched Daniel Tiger while daddy fished again and mommy laid in bed. Then swimming, nap time, dinner, another movie, and some sparkling cider at 10:30 before we went to bed.
 |
| Denali never wants to take of her Merida Nightie that my mom gave her for Christmas. She cries and cries when you take it off and you have to promise she can wear it again tonight. |
 |
| Feeding the ducks. |
 |
| Swimming! The water was so warm and it was about 55 degrees outside. Since the water makes you weightless I swam for a very very long time. It felt amazing! |
 |
| We did a whole lot of this. |
So over all it was a very uneventful but fun couple of days. I didn't want to go home because the weather was so amazing. I have to admit that I'm ready for it to be summer already.
No comments:
Post a Comment