Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!!

This Halloween i wanted to throw my own party. Mike came as a wizard trying to dress as a muggle :) very cleaver. Brenna was a big duck. and Bridget was a cute little pumpkin!
MiQ Jord came as a hillbilly couple. Jordan makes too good of a hillbilly, it was pretty creepy/disgusting!

Rash came as Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters (i thought they had come as a gay couple!)

We all decided that Ashley looks a ton like our Uncle Richard with all that facial hair haha.

My mommy came as a witch and my dad dressed as a normal person (as opposed to his work attire).
I came as Peter Pan!
The first activity of the night was the Pumpkin Carving Competition. Everyone had 20 minutes to gut and carve their pumpkin. I've never heard our family so quiet! I was super impressed with the turn out, I didn't expect them to turn out so good! We decided that we might want to set some ground rules next time after Jordan pulled out his power tools. Ryan's pumpkin won.
Jordan's, Ryan's, mine, Michael's, MiQuelle's, Papi's, Ashley's

After the carving festivities it was on to food and games.
I made pumpkin cup cakes with vampire bites.
"Deviled" Eggs

Ghost Cheese and vegi platter, and a trifle. Brenna brought the yummiest potato soup and Ashley brought her Chili.
After stuffing ourselves we played a game of Ta"boo" and finished the night off with Young Frankenstein since Brenna had never seen it.I had tons of fun preping and being at the party. As stressful as hosting a party is, it's always really fun and totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, as soon as i saw that picture of ashley i totally thought of your uncle richard. kinda funny....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - you are the perfect peter pan! you look just like Mary Martin or Sandy Duncan playing peter pan on broadway. I know you'll have to google them, but you are so super cute!!

    ReplyDelete