Friday, May 27, 2011

3 weeks

So far married life has been a blast. Really it's not what I expected though. I guess I thought that everything changes after you get married but it doesn't. We're still the same people with the same interests.

We don't have a table yet.
But we do have an awesome waffle maker. You know the ones that you poor the batter in and flip over? It took us a good six tries to get the waffles to come out right but now we're pro at it.

We do go to bed much earlier than we used to. I think that is because we still get to be with each other when we go to sleep when before we would have to stay up to spend time with each other.

Grocery shopping was an eye opener. Didn't know you could spend that much on two people.

Cars are another adventure. We've already spent about $700 in repairs for our car.

Last Friday was Andrew's mom's birthday. She planned her own birthday party and invited us all to dinner at Olive Garden and to see Pirates in Imax. Andrew and I arrive at the Olive Garden in Sandy a little early so we went to one of our favorite places, REI. We found a tent that was REI brand but the same idea as the Marmut we registered for and a little cheaper so we decided we would get it. I asked Andrew for the gift cards and apparently he had forgotten them. "What's the point in going to REI with out our gift cards?".
So we just went over to Olive Garden to get our name on the list. There was a wait for and hour and a half! So we went across the street to another Italian joint that I think was even better, probably because there was no wait.
Both dinner and the movie were great. Andrews mom had brought up some things that came in the mail for us while we were gone, including a big cardboard mystery box. After taking it home we noticed that it said REI very small on the label and started getting really excited because we knew it would be something good!
It was our tent! We were so excited that we set it up and slept in it that night in our living room. I told Andrew it was inspired that he forgot the gift cards :)
We actually ended up taking it back because we felt it was too large to go backpacking with, although perfect for car camping. We got the same brand, same tent, but 2 person instead of 3. We set that one up as well to make sure it was working okay and watched Bear Grills inside of it. I've recently become obsessed with Man vs. Wild. Mostly because we don't have cable or internet for net flix and Bear Grills is one of the options on Andrew's external hard drive.

Can't wait for more fun adventures!

3 comments:

  1. looove the new pic at the top. awesome. and way cool (and definitely inspired) about the whole tent thing haha. way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that the other Italian Place you went to was Johnny Carinos because 1. It's much better than Olive Garden and 2. Its my favorite Italian place and 3. Three words Italian Cream Soda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place looks so cute! I can't wait to see it in person. Looks like you ended up buying a TV?

    ReplyDelete