Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Randolph Adventure

For the Memorial Day weekend the Dearden family ALL went to Randolph. That's right, all of us. We normally get together on Sundays for dinner at my parents house so it's not like it's an unheard of thing for our family to all be together but this is different. All of us, even the parents, made the commitment to go up to Randolph for the weekend and it was a blast! I don't have any pictures because I don't have a camera of my own and haven't gotten used to being the picture taker, and Ashley my sis can't upload her pictures from the trip because her computer is being a bum but hopefully in the future we'll have some of the pictures uploaded.

Andrew and I carpooled up with Ryan and Ashley. Something about these two bring about the crazier side in me. The ride up reminded me so much of our trip last year to San Diego . It made me want to do the trip all over again.

Saturday morning we all went to the park which is once again something that hasn't happened in a long time. We decided we had enough people to play a couple rounds of Ultimate, even Ashley played with her cute pregnant belly. The teams were actually pretty evenly matched although my team some how luckily won.Team 1: Ryan, Ashley, Mike, and Andrew Team 2: Jordan, Quell, Dad and I.
The funnest part was to see everyone doubled over breathing hard after every point. I think i'd like to blame the high altitude for that.

Later that day all the kids went shooting up a canyon right out of Randolph. The parents went into town to guy more bullets and were supposed to meet us up the canyon later. After 2 hours of shooting and still no sign of them, Ashley and I decided to go looking. It wasn't too hard of a search because we met up with them at a fork just a few miles down the road.

Highlights of the shooting outing:
-Bridget had just recently been potty trained and getting her to pee out in the wild was one great adventure. I had to go already so I tried to show her how to do it leaning against the car with out success. The second best way is to find a log to sit on and there was the perfect one next to the cow water troff. When Bridget saw the water he said "in the water" so Brenna said " well sorry cows, it's the only place she'll go". We tried holding her over the water but she still wouldn't go. she said "shoes off" so thinking she just wanted her pants all the way off we stripped her down to her nothings. When holding her over the water we promptly tried to go for a swim. That's when we gave up. I guess that's why she wanted her shoes off, so she could stick her feet in the water. yuck!
-While loading Andrew's Dad's gun somehow I managed to mess it up and Andrew had to pull the gun apart. While my Dad and Andrew were pulling off a part of the gun a spring flew into the air and disappeared for forever. We seriously searched for and hour and a half for that thing and found nothing! How do you lose a foot long spring?
-To get to the shooting area the cars crossed a creek. It seemed very harmless but in fact turned out to be pretty sketchy. The Xtera's tire popped on it's way over, and the top it off, Jordan and Quell lost their bumper on the way back. Okay so they didn't totally lose it, and it actually popped back on quite nicely.

That night we had Mike's favorite, Pot Stickers, since it was mike's birthday. After dinner we watched Megamind since most of the family hadn't seen it yet.

Sunday was very relaxed, we ate breakfast and watched Horton Hears a Who. Then the Greens and the Titensors rushed off home upon finding out that Afro (the Green's cat) had spent the weekend outside with out food or shelter. Ashley (soon to be mommy) thought we should go save him from starvation so we did.

Andrew and I spent Monday morning on the Jordan River Parkway going for a run. It was my first long run for about a month and I was surprised about how out of shape I really was. We only ran for about 30 minutes but by the end of it I was more than ready to stop. True I have gained about 10 lbs in the last 3 months which I've chocked up to stress, bad eating, and the lack of time to work out, and lets not forget the cruise. I'll be doing a Triathlon at the end of the summer and am in high hopes of losing those 10 lbs along the way.

Andrew and I enjoy the movie The Hangover. I know, we're terrible. We decided yesterday to go see the second Hangover. We walked out. It was terrible. The first one of course is not he most wholesome movie but has you laughing all the time. During the second one I don't remember laughing once. It just proved to me once again that watching rated R movies are not worth it. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a ton of fun!!

    vince and i also watch R rated movies from time to time, and usually come away thinking its so not worth it, too. bummer deal!

    ReplyDelete