Andrew and I spent our first two nights at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, graciously given to us by a couple in Andrew's home ward. It was better than I had imagined. It's a condo so it has a little kitchen which came in handy since we wanted to spend only a small amount of money on this portion of our honeymoon.
We spent the first morning next to the pool trying to work on a pre tan for the cruise ;) After a few minutes my Kinesiology teacher walked in, he also happens to be one of my least favorite teachers but I can't complain too much because he gave me an A in my class this semester. It was a little awkward since he's probably the last person I wanted to see while in my string bikini the morning after my wedding.
We went into Park City to walk around the Outlet stores because I wanted to buy Andrew a new swimsuit for his graduation present. It was a success and once again we were worn out and proceeded back to the condo for a nap.
After the nap we wanted to check out the Hot Pots they have on the resort. We thought you could swim in them but apparently not.
So we went back to the pool :)
That night we had planned on going out to dinner but instead made Mac and Cheese and watched a few movies at the condo.
Sunday morning we slept in late and just hung out till it was time to go to Jakes farewell. Jake is Andrews brother. I'm really glad we went to the farewell because it's not often you actually get to see Jake being serious. He's very sarcastic and very funny and I've hardly ever seen his real emotions. We ended up staying for the after party which we had not planned to spend a little more time with him.
After the farewell we took a drive to make sure we got plenty of use out of the Mini that we were driving for the weekend. We spent the rest of the evening cleaning up and getting ready to go to the airport for our red eye to Miami.
After stuffing ourselves we found a couple chairs to take a nap in till our state room was ready. Mean while I did some people watching and found these awesome black men. There were actually 4 of them all together wearing the exact same shirt with cargo pants. They made me laugh, this is something 13 year old girls would do.
After our nap we went back for more food. I only got cheese which became my favorite thing to eat on the cruise. It was amazing cheese and the best bread to eat it on. I'm sure it was not good for me but i couldn't resist.
Honestly at first I didn't love the cruise and there are still some things I don't like about cruising. 1 The typical people you find on cruises are very over weight, loud, and do nothing but drink and stuff their faces. It's just the American Dream. Do nothing and eat all day! I'm not a huge fan of typical American behavior and like to be a little more active. Of course you can do other things besides that. They have a weight room, cardio room, and aerobics room where fitness classes are held. Three swimming pools, 5 hot tubs, ping pong tables, a running track, movies playing in your room all the time, and of course people watching.
This guy's beer belly was awesome and we couldn't resist getting a picture.
After the first day the cruise began to grow on me. Dinner was amazing food was a beautiful view. Since we hadn't had much sleep the night before because of our red eye, we actually ended up skipping the shows and falling asleep to a movie in our room around 10.
The next day was our stop at Freeport. I looked out the window at breakfast and was pretty disappointed what what i saw. The port was on the industrial part of the island and it definitely did not look inviting.
Since we wanted to spend as little money as possible I snuck some breads and pastries from the buffet after breakfast for lunch and stuff them in a pacsun bag so I could put them in my backpack.
This is us next to our ship The Norwegian Sky
Andrew doing a typical Andrew pose in the elevator.
Another favorite on the ship, soft serve ice cream! I'm sure the crew mates got sick of Andrew and I coming back again and again for more. And I'm even more sure that they didn't like me after I promptly dropped my cone all over the deck.
I feel bad for this guy. But you have to admit it's pretty funny...
This girl caught my eye from across the deck. Her boobs are soooo big but she has the smallest waist too! dude.
While getting ready for dinner the room maids kept trying to get into our room. I kinda freaked out because I didn't know why they wanted to get into our room again because they had already cleaned it. Andrew informed me that they actually clean your room twice a day! How sweet is that!?
We went to the same place for dinner and I had the same yummy salad for my starter. Which is the 3rd favorite of the cruise.

We had the most beautiful view of the sunset almost every night. It was so very romantic and wonderful!
After dinner we went to a few shows. Starting with the comedian magician who I really enjoyed and then stayed for dancing with the stars.
We occasionally ordered ourselves virgin yummy fruity drinks of the sort.
For dancing with the stars they take a crew member and draw names for participants from the crowd. My favorite couple was couple number 5. The crew member was probably 4'5" and his partner was at least 5'7". They were so funny to watch.
The beach was also great for people watching. I'm assuming this couple is form Europe judging from their swimsuit choices.




There were a few places were we could look for little crabs and Andrew decided he wanted to take one home with him in a cup. He moved around for a bit and we gave him some salt water and a nice rock but i'm pretty sure he cold too cold in our state room and didn't make it.

Written with sunscreen
This was one of our favorite parts of the trip. It was fun to watch the storm come in and watch the waves.
That night we wanted to get dressed up for dinner so we took a little extra time getting ready and didn't get seated in our favorite restaurant on the boat but the other restaurant was almost just as good.
Yes our camera is on the rail of the ship.
We had someone take this picture for us.
We were supposed to hit up the White Hot Dance Party that night at the pool deck and I wanted to make sure I was ready to party so Andrew told me I could take a quick nap and he would wake me up so we could go. I woke up at 2:00 am to Andrew turning off the lights. He had fallen asleep as well and we missed the dance party.
Fourth day was Nassau. It reminded me a lot of Central America. Lot of little shops with the exact same things in each of them. We were really confused by a sign that said "poo oils now available". what are Poo Oils?
Other than that the island was very disappointing, it was $40 dollars to go anywhere but the casino at Atlantis. All in all, not worth the 12 dollars to go see it, or at least go early in the morning so you can spend all day at the resort for your $40.
After that we both felt like going back to the boat and crashing because we had walked a lot that day.
We finished off the day with dinner and some really good shows.
We disembarked around 7:30 am the next day and made it to the air port around 8:00 am. Our flight didn't leave till 2:00pm.
We ate yummy Cinnamon rolls.
I slept a lot because I actually got sick the last night and felt exhausted.

That was a long post and I hope I didn't forget anything. I would definitely do a cruise again but i think i would choose a different location. Norwegian was a great company to go with, I didn't have any disappointments.
Their was a birdy in the airport!
Sure sounds fun!!
ReplyDeletesure sounds like a lot of "napping". ha!
ReplyDelete