Things that have happened since I last blogged:
-We found out we are pregnant! With what, we will not know for another couple weeks. This was definitely a big surprise for Andrew and I. In fact we had decided we would get an IUD because we didn't want kids for at least another two years. Of course we're not complaining, I know that many people try for a long time to get pregnant so I will take what the Lord has given me gladly.
-Trip to St. George with Andrew's family to see The Little Mermaid. On that same trip we took the entire family down a technical slot in Zions called Pinecreek. The entire trip was a success and a blast except for the drive home. I had gotten dehydrated from our hike the previous day and did not sleep well that night so with being pregnant, being dehydrated, and being tired I threw up about ever hour that entire day. Needless to say that the next day my mom helped me out and called in some meds for me that have continued to keep me in check for the past 2
months.
-Two weeks after St. George Andrew and I headed out on another vacation with the Titensors to Disneyland. Kathleen and Rachel drove down Wednesday morning and picked Andrew and I up from the airport that night. The rest of the crew flew in the following day and we of course had a blast in Disneyland. There were hardly any lines so we got in all the main rides with in the first half of the day and saved up any and all fast passes for when there were any lines. The rest of the family drove home Sunday morning while I hopped on a plane (after my last experience being stuck in a car for more than two hours I decided I did not want to do it again so I bought myself a plane ticket home).
-This Thanksgiving I went on another trip with Andrew's family to Star Valley Wyoming, were Andrew's grandparents live during the summer and then migrate down to Arizona. It was a VERY relaxing 4 day weekend. It consisted of eating, sleeping, reading, puzzles, games, movies, shooting, sledding, and watching the Bar J Wranglers who were in town that Saturday night. We as well stopped at Lava Hot Springs on the way up which is a first for most of the family. Please no one take me to a hot springs again while i'm pregnant. It was almost torture because I'm the type to sit in the water till you're about to pass out because I love the feeling of the hot water. This of course is not aloud while catering to a growing child in your belly, so I had to repeatedly get in and out of the water because I didn't want to get too hot but of course it was as well frigged outside.
All winter so far we have been dealing with an apartment that isn't...meeting our needs I guess you could say. We've had some problems with things like ants, a leak in our ceiling, carpet smelling like dog pee (not our dog's pee), and the usual 'renter issues'. Since the weather has started getting cold we've noticed that our apartment is FREEZING. The temp ranges from 53 degrees to 64 degrees, not kidding! We have expressed the issue to our landlords many times in the past 2 months with only minor attempts to fix the issue. We've received replies like "go buy this space heater" or "we'll try to get it fixed before Christmas" and it's really been making me angry.
The problem that they have with our system and the reason we are freezing all the time is because the thermostat is in the main part of the house were there are other renters. That part of the house gets sufficiently heated so that the furnace no longer turns on. We as well only technically have one run that splits into two and heats (or doesn't heat) our apartment. As well we don't have a return air so the only air that leaves our apartment is what ever gets sucked out through the crack of our doors. My dad of course gave a bid for the job that would completely fix the problem so that we were no longer sharing air with the neighbors, which is by the way illegal, and so that we would receive sufficient heat.
Apparently our landlord didn't like the bid and sent his own guy out to look at it who said the exact same thing my dad did. So today we have "his guy" adding a run and a return air into our apartment. We'll see if this fixes any of the problems although I have my doubts seeing as we still have no way to tell the furnace to actually come on, and even if we did the people in the main house will still be roasting while we barely get up to a livable temperature. I'll give it the rest of the week and if there are no improvements I will be saying tootles and will be happy to call the health department and report that:
-Our landlords are not meeting the minimum requirement of 68 degrees at least 3 feet above the floor in all living spaces.
-Our landlords have an illegal living space because we share air and water with the other living space.
-Our landlords again do not meet code because our entire apartment is on the same breaker, along with the washing machine.
...if we do not get our deposit back.
Holy cow, that's crazy about your apartment! I say you should hie tell out of there stat, they don't sound like good landlords at all, especially because they are breaking a lot of laws! yikes!! our heater has been broken this fall/winter too but we've been ok with our space heater up until this past week when the temps dropped. they came over today so hopefully that will help.
ReplyDeleteand yay for a baby! so exciting! and even if you weren't planning on it, obviously it was the Lord's timing! congrats again!
See, you have SO MUCH to blog about, you really should do it more often!!! :)
ReplyDeleteMuch congrats on the baby, that is SUPER exciting! Holy cow, that's like 3 babies in 1 year for your side of the family... better talk to Jordan about getting on board! :)
You could always move by us... it's a great time to buy and you'll need more space once baby comes. :)