Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve, Christmas Eve, and Christmas




Thursday Rachel, my sister in-law, came up from Orem to go to Zoo Lights with us. Ryan, Ashley, Mal, Andrew, Rachel, and I went to Zupas before the big advent where Ashley and I annoyed the rest of the group by singing an entire verse of I'm Wishing from Snow White, nothing new, and Ryan was the last to finish eating, something I've never witnessed before. Since it was freezing degrees outside we stopped by Seven Eleven for some Hot Chocolate which was apparently a new experience for Rachel and the best idea I've ever had.

The Zoo was packed even though it was very very cold especially being in the mouth of the canyon. If you've never been to the Zoo at night before, I would recommend it. All of the

nocturnal animals are out and about. The animals that are normally curled up under a log or in
the very back of their cave are actually slithering, prowling, hopping, or swinging around. The best part had to be the big Asian cats that were all awake and very active.

I'll go again next year but I'll be in full ski gear for sure!

This year we decided to spend Christmas Eve with the Titensors and Christmas Day with my family. Andrew's family has a tradition of eating out and going to a movie on Christmas Eve although this year Danae and Matthew couldn't be there on Christmas Eve so we did dinner and a movie on Friday and other things with the Titensors on Saturday.


The whole family sported very lovely Christmas sweaters for the entire evening (pictures soon to be posted). We ate at Texas Roadhouse and watched the new Sherlock Holmes at the Megaplex Theaters in Thanksgiving point.

Best part of the night,everyone in the sweaters. Worst part of the night: peeing 11 times within 3 hours.


(Todd, Rachel, Kathleen, Andrew, myself, Matthew, Danae)
Who do you think has the best/worst Christmas sweater. Take a look at the wooden pieces on Todd's sweater, the really nice colors on Andrew's sweater, and the classic feel of Matthew's.

Christmas Eve morning I woke up and taught my TRX class which was surprisingly packed for Christmas Eve. After which Andrew and I had 'express Christmas' (for those of you who watch Modern Family) and opened a few of our presents to each other since we didn't want to haul
them all down to Orem with us for the following morning.

Andrew's Parents requested that we spend the money we would normally spend on their present on someone else who was in need and then tell them about what we did. We chose sisters that were in need of pants and shoes to do a Sub for Santa for. It was really fun to do the shopping for both of them and look around the house for things I had never used that might be of use to them.


The Sub for Santa family lives in Spanish Fork so after Express Christmas we packed the car and headed south. Along the way we stopped at JCW's for the yummiest burgers you will ever have and at Walmart for one last gift for the girls. When we finally got to Spanish Fork we searched for about 30 minutes trying to find their address that we now know doesn't exist. We called Kathleen who typed the address into Google and it kept taking her to a different address across town so we decided that they must have left out a number or two when typing their address in their application.

When we finally found the correct house I was a little bit upset, one because of how long I had been sitting in that dang car and two because their house was about twice or three times the size of my parents. They as well had 2 very nice cars in their driveway and plenty of presents under their tree. Andrew and I just decided that maybe all the presents were from All a Dollar or something.

So after 2 hours in the car, I told Andrew we could be at Lava Hot Springs by then, we got to the parents house and went to see We Bought a Zoo. It was a good movie but not quite what I had expected, I thought it might be more about the animals but turns out it was more about the family.


That evening I shared my family tradition of eating Fondue with them. Everyone helped with the prep work so what normally takes quite a while to prepare only took about 30 minutes. It was absolutely delicious and i'm pretty sure is new tradition for them now.

The rest of Christmas Eve was spent watching Meet the Robinsons and playing with Lego's next to the fire, very relaxing.



Christmas morning was similar to every other i've had. Look at the presents from Santa, eat food, open other gifts, sit around.
Rachel and the family got a Wii which came with a dance game and of course Zumba!
Kathleen gave us our first baby clothing gift! I was very excited.

The last part of Christmas we spent with my family where we ate food, opened gifts, played games, and had lots of fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment