"what?! I'm going on a man date with Andrew and you didn't tell me?! Does Andrew even know?"
The dinner was Chicken Cordon Blue, Rice, Beans, and a Roll. Ashley said that she was going to have to ask all these old ladies before they die what to make for tons and tons of people. I told her Chicken Cordon Blue, rice, beans, and a roll. Silly girl.
After the dinner we had a guest speaker, and of course I forgot her name, who does 'readings' 'skits' 'acts'? She told they story of Mary as if she was Mary and from her perspective. Maybe some of you have had the opportunity to listen to her at one of your own dinners and if you haven't I would make the effort to go to one.
It was really cool to listen to the emotions on Mary and learn some more details about her life before and after she was the child bearer of the Son of God. Things I didn't know or hadn't thought about before that I'm sure many of you know are:
-Mary was 13 when she became a woman, was able to marry, and when she was visited by the angle and became the mother of Jesus.
-I hadn't thought about the fact that Mary would have read about the coming of Christ in her bible since a young age.
-I also didn't realize that Mary would have been in labor the last day of her travels on the Donkey. Actually having contractions and such.
-It was really neat to think of how Joseph must have felt having to deliver the Son of God, by himself, no other women to show him what to do.
I definitely got teary eyed the entire last part of the story when she was in labor and so on. Maybe it hit home more than it would have in the past. The story made me very excited to be a mom, to go through the pains and the experience of the delivery. I left feeling privileged to be a woman and privileged to be able to carry a son or daughter of God.
On a different note, we have heat!!! The house is almost too warm, averaging around 71 degrees. It's so nice to sit comfortably around my apartment and not to dread taking a shower. I only have one complaint but I'm not complaining about it too much, we still pretty much have no control over how warm or cold it is so it stays 70 and above all night which is a smidgen warm for sleeping. But like I said I really can't complain too much because I'd rather it be a little too warm at night than cold all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment