Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals for 2012

I think I've finally decided what some of my goals are going to be for this year. Usually all my goals are fitness oriented and start something like 'I will lose 10 lbs' but since I'm supposed to be doing the opposite for the next 5 months I decided to dig a little deeper and find something else to work on.

-I will actually read the lesson ahead of Sunday morning for my Sunday School class and try to prepare a lesson each week that if fun, worthwhile, and spiritually uplifting. So I guess what I'm saying is that I would like to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability.

-Patience. I would like to be more patient in ever aspect of my life. Including the dog, the house, my job, my life, my husband...just to name a few. I as well don't want to get into the habit of raising my voice, even if it's not at anyone specifically. I grew up with a mom that was not scared to yell and I would like to handle stressful situations differently then that.

-Attitude. I would like my all around attitude to be happier and more uplifting. When I catch myself thinking negative, even about the simple things like traffic or my hair, I hope that I can turn it around and make it a habit to think more positive.

I'm sure there will be more to add to the list as the years go on, as I become a mother and find more challenges and weaknesses. I'm not saying that I don't need to work on more than this but I think if I overload my plate with too much to work on, I can't really focus on all of them as much as I'd like to.

I'm very excited for the upcoming year and the adventures it holds! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment