Monday, March 17, 2014

Feel Great in 8

I mentioned on Instagram and Facebook that I'm doing a Feel Great in 8 competition with some of my cousins. It's now day three and so far I'm really positive about the entire concept. I think after my 8 weeks are up with this group that I'll "host" my own Feel Great In 8 competition.

Here is a little bit about how it works:
There are teams of 3 or 4 (depending on how many people want to join the comp).
Each person pays 10 dollars and the winning team splits the pot among them.
The team wins by having the most points at the end of the competition. You get points by completing things like working out, eating veggies, eating fruit, drinking water, saying your prayers (or meditation), and the list goes on from there. You are also required to subtract points for every "bad food" you eat off the Bad Food list.
You can as well get points for losing weight (or gaining weight if that is your goal).

Here is why I think it will work:
You paid money and you can win money (nothing better than a little incentive right?).
There are other people counting on you to do your part.
There aren't specifics like the amount of calories you eat or what type of workout you have to do. Everyone is different and so something like this will fit everyone's needs. Even if you're pregnant, nursing, just getting started on your journey, or an experienced participant.
The focus isn't losing weight but rather making healthy lifestyle choices and changes.
You get 2 free-bee foods a week. I personally think it's important to still allow yourself the simple pleasure in life like the occasional cookie or piece of cake.

What's the biggest thing I've learned so far? 
I have been eating a ton of junk! I was so surprised, the first day of the challenge, how many times I had to slap my hand away from something.

What are my goals and what do I hope to gain from this experience?
My main goal is to cut the habit of eating unhealthy treats all the time. Seriously, I eat breakfast and think "what's for dessert?!" My next goal is to slough off a bit of this baby weight. I figure I could lose about 14 lbs although this isn't my main goal, especially since i'll be breast feeding and want to make sure the baby is getting all the nutrients and calories she needs. I don't know if my body will be willing to give up the extra pounds very easy but i'll try. Over all I hope to become healthier and have this be a start to a new and better lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment