I am not a morning person. For a long time, my entire life, I have pretended to be a morning person. I like the idea of being a morning person. Rising before the sun, watching the sunrise, taking time in the morning to read or study. Let just face it though, I am not a morning person. If I have the opportunity to sleep in then I will!
Up until about a month ago I slept in till the very very last possible moment when either Denali or Nora would wake up. I decided that in order to train for my triathlon I would have to train everyday. I also hate sacrificing time with my children or with my husband for exercise. These two things meant that I would have to wake up early every morning before the kids got up and before Andrew went to work so that I could exercise. Some of you are thinking "no big deal" and I praise you and wish that could be me soooo badly. I've tired this many times and it usually last a day or not even a day before I give up and make some excuse as to why I need to sleep.
It's now been about a month that I've been waking up around 6 or 6:30 and it feels AMAZING!! My entire day goes so much smoother when I wake up and exercise in the mornings. I get to see the sunrise every morning (please winter don't come too soon), I get my exercise checked off my list, and I usually make it back in time to get showered and ready before Andrew has to leave. What does this leave me with? Lots of time to spend with my girls (not to mention cleaning, dishes, yard work, cooking, errands...)! In comparison to my usual morning where I'm trying to exercise, shower, get ready, eat food, and take care of my needs at the same time as taking care of the kids needs. For one thing, you can get things done a lot faster when you aren't holding a baby at the same time. I have to admit that it's still very difficult to get up in the mornings. There are some days when I push the snooze button about 6 times before I finally drag myself out of bed. The only thing that really gets me going is remember how good it feels when I do get up.
Why am I telling you this? I don't really know. Maybe because I love it so much that I want everyone to be able to experience it! I realize that not everyone has that option. There are a lot of people who get up at 6 everyday anyway to go to work or school. If you do have that option though then I encourage you to take full advantage of the morning hours. Seriously there is nothing (okay maybe something) more wonderful than watching the sunrise in the morning. I'll also add that Yoga, outside, in the morning is truly THE. BEST. WAY. TO. START. YOUR. DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment