Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"car problems"

Yes, what you are looking at is an emergency room bracelet.


I woke up today expecting a completely normal day at school. I got up, got ready, and went to school. I got out of my car and started walking towards the doors of the school when i realized there was a car heading towards me, i figured it would soon slow down and wait for me to pass. I quickly realized that it wasn't slowing down at all! maybe a little to quickly. The next thing i know I'm getting thrown across the top of the kids hood and land flat on the very hard pavement.


THE STUPID KID HIT ME WITH HIS CAR!


he got out of his car shaking and asking if i was okay, i didn't bother to get his name because i was feeling fine. just a little road rash on my hands and legs but nothing serious. I just told the kid to "watch where he was going". Another kid who saw it all happen helped me to my feet and escorted me inside the school.


My friends and I had a good laugh about it all till not more then five minutes after words i started having shooting pains all down my neck and spine.


because my parents were out of town i texted Ashley and Ryan telling them what had happened.I guess i didn't really realize how big of deal it was until both of them started texting me stuff like "you need to press charges" and "get his name and go to the police". I decided to call my mom before doing anything to drastic. She had the same reaction, you know, the usual mom reaction. "are you okay?! are you hurt?! when did this happen? go to the office right now! I'm calling Brenna so that she can take you to the hospital!"


So by then i was crying because i was scared i was making a big deal out of nothing when i ran into some of the administrators that took me right to the school officer. he had me look on the camera to see if i could pick out the car. They found his car and got all his information before Brenna came to rush me off the the Instacare. My check out slip said "car problems", how cleaver...? I guess the kid is some sophomore named Peter.


On our way to Instacare Brenna told me a wonderful story about a guy who got hit by a UPS truck, walked away, and then died on the way to to hospital. She has perfect timing, don't you think?


Instacare couldn't take the insurance because it has to be auto insurance so we went to the ER and Deathview aka Lakeview. turns out nothings wrong besides pain all over my body.... they where pretty surprised that i had no broken ribs or bruising. I'm pretty sure i was saved by my dancing skills because dancers are trained to fall gracefully.


Jan, my dance coach still required me to go to dance even though i had a good excuse this time. I got to school right when every one was in the parking lot. I've never felt so popular in my life! I got swarmed by people asking if i was okay andwanting to hear my story. I guess the rumor had spread that i was in critical care at the hospital on my death bed. Even people i didn't know came up to me saying " hey are you the girl that got hit by the car"? So i found a quick but not so painless way of becoming popular. The pain isnt worth it though, I cant move with out some part of my body hurting. all i can do is lay here on the ground, but even that hurts....I told my mom a need a donut.

I just wonder how Peters day went.... "Hey are you the guy that hit that girl and now she's dying?" poor guy...but some how i don't feel to bad for him.


I looked up some tips for pedestrain safety.




Crossing the road
~Look for a safe place to cross.
~Stop and wait near the edge of the road.
~Look right and left and listen for traffic.
~Let any traffic travelling in each direction pass and than look right and left again.
~Quickley walk across the road when it is clear.
~While crossing continue to watch and listen for traffic coming.
~Dont cross at a corner or bend in the road.
~Dont cross near the brow of a hill.
~Dont cross near or at parked vehicles.
~Dont cross where there are guard rails along the footpath.
~Dont run across the road.









3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Laura! I'm so glad that you are okay! The school parking lot is a death zone. I actually almost was the one who hit a sophomore my senior year. You know between the seminary building and the school, his dad was dropping it off and he was walking in front of the car so I didn't see him coming and I was late for school so I flew by but slammed on my brakes for him to walk by. His dad than followed me until I parked and waited until I got out and began to lecture me, except being the "cool" senior I was I just ignored him and walked away. Ironically I was going to seminary. Anyway I'm glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're okay! what a crazy story! I could hardly believe it when you texted me at work. it's insane! I'm glad you did get yourself checked out and that you talked to the school cop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee! I love how horrible that story makes me sound! :)

    ReplyDelete