Jan Laura
Beginning of the year. The start of dance...
"your only excuse not to be here is if your in the hospital"
on the phone yesterday
" Hi Jan, I've just been hit by a car and am in the ER so i don't think I'll be able to make it to dance today"
"are you okay?"
"ya a just have really bad back pain"
"okay well you need to come to dance anyway and watch us clean the dances"
......me and Brenna calling her bad things after we hung up the phone....didn't she say my only excuse is if I'm in the hospital? If I'm not mistaken the Emergency Room is part of the hospital, right?
the next day
"are you feeling any better Laura?" with not an inch of compassion in her voice.
"kinda, i still have horrible pain in my back"
"well if you don't dance today you're out of all the dances"
.....me thinking " ARE YOU KIDDING JAN! I FREAKING GOT HIT BY A CAR!"
me saying "okay well i guess i can try"
After running through a dance
"LAURA! DO YOU KNOW THIS DANCE AT ALL?! THAT WAS HORRIBLE! HOW COME YOU DIDN'T DO THE FLIP!"
"Uh.....because I JUST GOT IT BY A CAR! and don't want to do it full out???"
the end.
the moral to this story is that Jan is a big naughty word that i can't say but would like to very much. I'm pretty sure she has no heart. Mike and i think that Jan is just really bored and likes to redo all the dances so she looks for any excuse to take someone out.
well i guess i shouldn't be to mean. she has taught me to dance very well ... while tearing down any speck of self confidence along with every muscle in my body.

I will not have any problems saying goodbye to dance in three more weeks. ta ta Jan!
So did you really say that last part? where you said that you just got hit by a car and didn't want to do it full out?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Jan is evil! I mean I already knew that. I thought Meagan, my drill coach, was pretty harsh but I am so wrong. I mean I had an inner ear infection and didn't have balance and I was allowed to just mark in on the floor. I'm so sorry! So does that mean you won't be doing it next year?
ReplyDeleteyeah, jan is a nut case. i had her for aerobics twice, and dance once.
ReplyDeletesorry that she made you still do everything full out, hope you feel better soon!