Sunday, June 29, 2008

Central America Adventure

I'm sad to say, I'm back! I've never not wanted to go back home so bad. Not that i didn't miss you all but i just never wanted it to be over.
This will probably be the longest entry of my life....and i wish i could write about everything that i did but it would just take FOREVER! so I'll just highlight all the best parts of the trip.
This picture is a couple of us in front of the Volcano.that is my 17 year old guild that took me up the hill, and my poor horse that I'm pretty sure i was bigger then....a bunch of us hot tubing at our first hotelThe hotel had all these cool vines hanging down can you see all the scary lava behind me! it was so stinking hot! it melted some girls shoes!!me and Nate in front of the volcano, I really like this picturethat is the bathroom on the way up the hill to the volcano
the children were so cute! i just wanted to keep them all.


I already told you about the first day so I'll start on Thursday.



We woke up around 5:30 and checked out of the hotel we had been in for the past two days. It took about two hours to get to our next destination Lake Atitlan. I've never seen a lake so beautiful. The lake is actually an old Volcano, kind of like Bear Lake, and is surrounded by tons of other volcano's. the water is perfectly clear and on the edges there are hot springs from the hot volcano rock. We checked into our AMAZING hotel that had the most amazing view. We got to jump off the boat and go swimming for a couple hours. some of the boys on the trip are in a club called Parkcore, were they do all the sweet stuff like hop from wall to wall and run up walls and do flips and all the crazy junk so we had a lot of entertainment watching them do all there CRAZY stuff off the boat.



After swimming we went shopping at a little town where are the native Mayans live. when we got there all the little kids were asking for candy so i pulled out my huge bag of Candy not thinking and got attacked! like no lie! attacked! there were claws and everything! so i learned my lesson on that one! i also saw the cutest kitty that some lady tried to sell to me from 5 bucks. All of the little girls that were trying to sell me stuff were little brats so i didn't buy anything from them even though i really like their stuff.
Nate shopping for hats:)
heading back at evening on the lake

view from the door of the hotelthere were birds everywhere are out hotelthis was the hot tub that was amazingevery where around the hotel they had really cool stuff like this bench
after shopping we headed back to the hotel, ate a little dinner, and then i spent some time out on my balcony thinking and ready until i was joined by 5 other kids and we had a really cool discussion about the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment