Monday, June 30, 2008

Saturday


I forgot to write in my journal this day so i cant really remember it which is really sad.....all i remember was getting on this super small plane and flying to Belize....after that it's kind of a blur I really think I'm missing a day in my life......like maybe Friday was really Saturday and....ya i dunno.
Okay! i kinda figured it out but not really......either Friday or Saturday (not sure which one) we went to the Tikal ruins. They were HUGE! and there were a lot of them. It was really cool listening to our guide and then having Bro Pearce point out the cool things that proved that Central America is were the Book of Mormon took place.
The biggest freaking bug of my life! it was like five inches long!
Me and Cinnamon in front of on of the twin temples. Brother Pearce told us that Tikal would have been were the armies who fought against the Nephites would have lived.Some cool sweet arch way...You cant see the tops of the two twin temples on either side of Nate's head.
A cool tree that totally looked like it was out of doctor SeussOur guide. He told us at this time a story of a King or a man who was said to be "born again by fire". Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it??Jared doing some crazy kick butt thing on the top of a ruinif you look close in the middle you can see a Spider Monkey. They would throw stuff at us...luckily no poo.I called these two trees my lover trees......We also went on a huge zip line through the rain forest this day! it was pretty sweet. I Brought Jordan's camera that has an attachment so you can put it on your head. It was all good until I went upside down on one of the zip lines....and it fell off my head. luckily i could pay the guy 3 bucks to go get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment