Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday

Okay so today is the day we took a plane to Belize. we stayed in a cute little place called the Crystal Palace. We all had our own little huts that didn't have any AC or TV or anything like that. There were LOTS of bugs and i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! I could tell lots of people hated it but i thought it was really fun to stay there.
After dropping off our stuff we took a 2 hour four wheeling ride in a bus to some ruins. At one point of the ride we all had to get off the bus and walk up the hill because the bus couldn't get up it with us on it.....it was quite the experience.

We got to the Maya temple were we where going to have a sacrament meeting. We all sat down on the steps of the temple and sang I Stand All Amazed and had an opening prayer. Next we had the sacrament. It was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. I've never seen so much respect for the sacrament. As i looked around everyone one had their head bowed and you could tell that they were thinking about our savior. Also as I looked around I could imagine Jesus on the steps of a temple similar to what we were on teaching the people about the Gospel. Bro pearce gave a few words and so did Bro Adams and then we had a musical number by me and Brittany. We sang To Become Like Him. It was a really cool thing because my bro pearce asked me if i would preform a musical number at the Sacrament meeting. I had no idea what to sing until i remember a CD my mom had bought randomly for me 4 or 5 months before that had minus tracks on it. The song that i picked and had prepared fit exactly along with what bro peace and Adams had talked about. I don't think it was just by chance. I actually ended up singing a solo at the end because Brittany started crying through half of it.
Cinnamon me and Keri

Me and TysonThis is sap from a tree that the guide told us they would burn and it would smell good. Bro Pearce pointed out to us that it would have been used in the Tabernacles and incense.When we got back to our Hotel me and the usual other five people went and sat under the stars and talked about what ever came to mind...which of course led to Gospel topics. It's really fun to listen to what your peers have to say and hear the experiences that they have because you can relate so well to them.

1 comment:

  1. That really seems like an awesome experience. I would have loved to have done something like than when I was your age!

    ReplyDelete