I mentioned in a previous post about how the Lord blessed me with two things in answer to my prayer. He gave me a testimony of regular temple attendance and my friend Brittney. I wanted to write about how Brittney and I became friends because looking back, I think it's a rather neat story.
Andrew and I moved to Orem in December of 2013 and although I was living in a house full of people, I felt very alone. Andrew was gone to school almost constantly and I really felt like I had no one that "understood me" and that I could feel completely comfortable being around. I prayed with all my heart that the Lord would send me a friend. I was very specific and told him that I didn't just want any friend but someone that I could be my true self around. A better version of myself if possible.
Two months after moving to Orem I was trying to relieve some aches and pains from being 8 months pregnant by the warm water of the hot tub when Jake's friend (Jake is my brother in-law) stopped by, really randomly, and left me a note and some candy. I was really confused as to why my brother in-law's, long time friend, was stopping by to see me. After toweling off I was able to read the note from the friend, who is of course Brittney. I don't even remember what the note said but I knew, with clarity, that Brittney was the friend that God had sent me.
Even with such an overwhelming, clear message from God, I was a little skeptical. How was I supposed to be friends with this, then random, girl whom I hardly knew. I think a few weeks past and I did nothing in regards to making Brittney my friend. She was over one night to hang out with Jake and mentioned that she thought it would be fun to go do initiatories at the temple together. I honestly was so worried it would be totally awkward and weird but agreed to go.
I don't even know how it's possible but somehow we became great friends that day. It literally took two minutes before I was completely comfortable with her. Things just clicked and she became the answer to my prayers. God answered my prayers to the fullest! I feel absolutely myself with Britney. I actually have found some parts of myself that I had been neglecting for a long time because of her. Like my love of music and laughter and being silly and loud (sometimes). She has inspired me to be better and to do more.
I shared this story with Brittney not too long ago. She then told me that after her mission she had been praying for something similar and was inspired to write the note and deliver the candy, even though she as well thought it was weird and maybe out of place. I'm forever grateful that she listened to the promptings from her Heavenly Father.
I've taken three lessons from this life experience.
1- Heavenly Father hears your prayers and answers them.
2- You can come to Lord with ANY problem. He cares and loves you and wants you to be happy.
3- It's important to listen to promptings and follow through with them. Even if you feel stupid or that it doesn't matter or that it's hard. You never know what an effect it could have on your life or the life of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment