Monday, September 22, 2014

How Can I Keep From Singing


I keep praying that my family and friends do not think of me as self righteous, overbearing, or judgmental. The truth of the matter is that it is impossible for me not to mention the church, the gospel, the temple, heavenly blessings…in everyday conversation and in each post on my blog. The Lord has truly given me everything and is in everything so I can I not mention it in every post!?

One of my teachers in college (good old SLCC!!) said that the answer to every question is “it depends” and I believe her. Well I have found another absolute, in which I thought I would never say that I have found the perfect piece of advice for everything; Come unto the Savior.  I can safely say that this is the only advice that I could ever offer to anyone that would be of any good.

I ask you “How can I keep from Singing?” I actually completely forgot about that song until that line popped into my head two minutes ago while writing this post. I had to Google it to even know that it was a religious song; I thought maybe it was from a musical! With such great joy that comes from Heaven, how can I not share the news? 

Once again I pray that my friends and family will know the reason behind my endless “singing”. I do not testify to “call you under repentance” but because I just cannot keep from singing. The joy in my heart cannot be silenced. Even through sorrow and pain for I know that He lives.

If my singing bugs you then you always have to choice to look elsewhere for I will continue to write as I do on this blog. I will not constrain my thoughts as I had previously thought to do with the fear of being annoying. 



My life flows on in endless song
Above earth’s lamentation
I hear the sweet, tho’ far-off hymn
That hails a new creation
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing
It finds and echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?
What tho’ my joys and comforts die
The Lord my Savior liveth
What tho’ the darkness gather round
Songs in the night He giveth
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that Refuge clinging
Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?
I lift mine eyes; the cloud grows thin
I see the blue above it
And day by day this pathway smoothes
Since first I learned to love it
The peace of Christ make fresh my heart
A fountain ever springing
All things are mine since I am His

How can I keep from singing?

1 comment: