Wednesday, April 25, 2012


I was going through some old posts, actually in search of one that I left body measurements on, and ran in to a post entitled "5 Year Plan". I posted this, literally days before I met Andrew. Oh how things change....

4/11 Graduate SLCC with Associate
6/11 River Guild in Moab with my cousin Karina or OYA councilor
9/11 Service work in Honduras till 12/11
1/12 Business school at SLCC or U of U & working as P.T.
7/12 Mission
1/14 Continue Business school & work as P.T.
7/15 Start my own Adventure Company

What really happened...

4/11 Graduated SLCC with AS
5/11 Got married to Andrew
9/11 Got pregnant
1/12 Still pregnant and working as a P.T.
7/12 Will be living in Roy, Have a 1 month daughter

I still think what has happened is pretty cool! I of course don't regret marrying Andrew or getting pregnant but it sure has taken my life in a different direction then what I had expected. All in all I know that I'm where i'm supposed to be although I will admit that I miss some things. I miss not being pregnant. Mom's who say that they LOVE to be pregnant are a little crazy if you ask me. It has been an excellent adventure, and it is one of the most incredible and special things that I have ever done but I certainly wouldn't say that I LOVE being pregnant. I know Andrew doesn't particularly love me being pregnant either. I think for both of us it's for the same reason, I'm not as active and as able as I used to be. Our last slot canyon was 6 months ago and I know Andrew is aching to get out and go on some more adventures. The second hardest part about all this is that it's not like once I'm not pregnant any more we can just go back to how it used to be. I'm so very very excited to have our little girl and take her on all our adventures with us, but they probably/definitely won't be as extreme as they used to be.
Since getting pregnant, Andrew and I have been forced to grow up a little. Finances are much more of a burden and concern then they used to be. We've been forced to look into buying a house much sooner than we wanted. Andrew's job, which is a great job, just isn't going to cut it when Denali comes. Andrew always jokes that finding a job is like going to the bank for me, I HATE going to the bank. We would never have come to live in Roy if we didn't need to save the money. Our situation up here is a great opportunity and one that has allowed us to buy a car, fix our other car, and save some money. I can tell though that it won't last long. I don't think Andrew and I were meant to be locked up in a house for many hours at a time and Andrew is lacking on sleep from all the body pickups. Sometimes I feel that literally half of our life is missing and we miss half of the things that go on. I really miss family dinners, and hate being so far away from the Titensors. I also hate being so far away from Ashley and Ryan who we were spending so much time together with before the move. I'm also a bit lonely up here. I no longer train or teach my TRX class which really honestly was so much fun. I can't find a training job up here because I have no idea how things are going to be in another 2 months. Lets just say that I'm hoping and praying that 1 I can have a better attitude about where we are right now and 2 that things will change for us in the near future. I pray that this is just a stepping stone to something greater and happier for both Andrew and I. I'm very excited for Denali to finally be here, she already adds so much happiness to our lives and I know that there will only be more to come along with all the difficulties and stress. 

2 comments:

  1. Is Andrew still thinking about MBA school? I'm not sure what your plans are, but if you are maybe that is the next stepping stone for you. Obviously I'm a huge advocate of the full-time programs, because the cost of debt was worth it in the end to get a good job and get it over with. I know Dustin doesn't regret doing it the way we did. He says he's learned more in the last two years then he learned in his four years of school. It's also allowed him to meet a lot of people that he will potential use those contacts in the future. Anyways, I just want to say my two cents. I remember you mentioning that something about an MBA. It's not for everyone, and honestly I don't know what the pay off is like if you go to BYU or the U, but because Dustin went to a high ranking school it really was worth it.

    Also know that the Lord will bless you with the things you need, not the things you want necessarily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you've picked a name eh?? i hadn't heard it yet. so fun! laur - life is hard! as you are well finding out ;) things don't happen according to our plans and sometimes i really feel like i have no idea how we'll make it through, or where we're going to end up next. and it's kind of scary. just try to keep in mind that there is a bigger, better plan than we even know, and things will make sense some day. good luck honey. i can't wait to meet baby Denali!

    ReplyDelete