Friday we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my papi. My mom is out of town so my dad usually finds someone to keep him company so he doesn't get too bored.
We slept over at the Titensor's Friday night because Saturday was my first baby shower. There aren't a lot of Titensors or Baums in Utah but most of them live in Utah Valley so we decided it would be best to have separate showers since most of my family is on the north side of the point of the mountain.
I didn't sleep well that night because of some major back/butt pain. I kept waking up with shooting pain in my back that prevented me from walking and moving. Andrew got me some Tylenol around 6 am and I was able to sleep a couple hours before I needed to get ready for the shower. I continued limping the rest of the morning and didn't take a shower because the thought of standing up for such a long time. Then around 10:30, an hour before the shower started, I almost passed out right into Andrew's arms. Luckily I could tell I was going down and told him so he could catch me. I never actually passed out but definitely couldn't hold myself up. Everyone made my lie down and drink lots of water but even though I was laying down I kept getting really dizzy and almost blacking out. My doctor recently prescribed me a medication for migraines so I told Andrew to get that just in case it was on oncoming migraine. Apparently it was because 30 minutes after taking the meds I felt much better and was able to walk and made it to my own baby shower.
| The 'young girl' table. It just so happened that all of the younger women there sat at one table and all of the moms, grandmas, and great grandmas sat at the other. |
![]() |
| Lots of really yummy food and goodies! Have you heard of Cake Pop's? REALLY good. |
Earlier this week Kathleen and Andrew were very sneaky at met for lunch. Kathleen asked Andrew questions about the baby/pregnancy and took video of him giving the answers. They asked me the same questions and had me answer the first before I saw his reply. It turned out really fun and actually quite cute. I had to stop myself from crying, not that it's any surprise since I cry at almost everything these days.
![]() |
| Opening Gifts |
After the shower Andrew's mom surprised us with the top of our cake from our wedding since our anniversary is this Sunday. It was really neat because I didn't think it had been saved.
That evening the Dearden family met at Fuji Sushi for Brenna's brithday dinner.
Andrew put together our stroller and car seat tonight which we got from our baby shower. It's was funny because he refused to read the instructions even though it probably would have been much easier. Silly boys.
I love our weekends off! I had such a good time spending so much time with my family and Andrew.



those kind of weekend are the best!! glad you had some fun :)
ReplyDelete