This weekend we actually had to work Friday night but had Saturday and Sunday off. It was my cousin Karina's Folk Dance Concert Friday night so Andrew stayed home and watched the phones while I went to the concert at Weber. Don't worry I didn't just leave Andrew home bored, since we finally have internet, Andrew bought his Call of Duty game that he can now play online with friends. It's been out for almost a year but since the original price was $70 dollars it was low on our priority list. I found it for him on KSL for $25 dollars.
The concert wasn't just a Folk Dance Concert as it turns out. It was actually just an institute concert and the Folk Dance is put on by the institute. All of the dances were really great, but I have to admit I could have gone with out the Choir numbers. Lets just say it's not like going to the BYU choir concerts, more like going to a high school concert.
Karina is a very talented girl. She sang a solo, was front and center in every dance (even though she is the tallest girl in the group), and accompanied the choir on the piano for a song or two.

After the temple we met up with Ashley, Ryan, Jordan, and Quelle at the new City Creek Center. We didn't have much time to look around before my nieces baby blessing though so we decided we could come back afterwards.
(all pictures were taken with my iTouch so please excuse the quality)
I came home to find Andrew right where I left him. I think he played a total of 5.5 hours of video games that night. I told him "don't make me hate that game" in fear that this was going to become a regular occurrence.
Saturday morning we got up "early", for me it was early, and went to the credit union where we got approved for our first auto loan. Both of us have great credit but no loan history so instead of just buying a car with cash, we decided to finance it so that in the future, like when buying a house, we actually have some loan history. We're planning on buying my mom's current car which is a Baby Blue Toyota Camry. Yes I said baby blue. I would rather take a baby blue, somewhat old lady car, for a good price over trying to drive the jeep around with a car seat in the back any day.
After the bank we packed our clothes for the weekend and headed to Bountiful where we attended a temple session. Andrew and I have been really good about attending the Temple every month until recently when I was so scared that I would have to use the restroom during a session that I no longer wanted to go. As I've moved later into the pregnancy though I actually don't have to go to the bathroom quite as much and can usually last about 2 hours.
The temple was packed! There wasn't even a locker available for me to put my clothes in. It was so nice to be back in the temple again, no matter how packed it was. I just said a prayer right as I sat down that I would not swell (something that ALWAYS happens when I sit for a long time) and that I would be able to sit through the session with out having to go to the bathroom. Of course, I didn't retain any extra fluid and was able to make it through the session and even be able to sit in the celestial room for a while before I needed to use the restroom. It sounds like such a simple thing but it was a huge blessing to me!
The blessing was at the Sano's house in Bountiful with just the close family. My niece was absolutely beautiful in her little white dress.
This time we all headed back to the City Creek Center with the exception of my dad who had to go out on a service call. I like to call the mall the "great and spacious building" because of it's placement so close to temple square. They definitely did not spare any expense on the place which of course makes it really cool.
Sadly, by that time of night I'm usually shot and have no energy left to spare so I mostly walked around like a zombie while everyone else lead the way. I would like to go back again when 1 I'm awake and 2 I can actually buy clothing.
Andrew found this chair in Restoration Hardware that he fell in love with. He says he's going to build his own, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Andrew and I went down to Orem to stay with the Titensor's that night. We where able to go to church with them and spend the entire Sunday with them. Since they are quite a ways away from us now we hardly get to see them so it was really nice to be able to spend so much time down there.
Andrew and I went down to Orem to stay with the Titensor's that night. We where able to go to church with them and spend the entire Sunday with them. Since they are quite a ways away from us now we hardly get to see them so it was really nice to be able to spend so much time down there.
Over all it was a GREAT weekend.
restoration hardware will furnish my entire house someday. when i'm rich. in the mean time, i think i could live in that store. amaazing.
ReplyDelete