We've had quite a big week.
Wednesday we bought my mom's 2005 Toyota Camry. We decided we really needed another car since what I had been driving was a 1993 Jeep Wrangler, complete with no air bags and a tiny back seat that would be nearly impossible to put baby in.
Wednesday night while at was at choir, a gall about my age came to look at Indy. I guess he was really really well behaved and showed her all his tricks perfectly. She decided with in 10 minutes that she wanted him and just like that, he was gone. Andrew sent me a text that said "it's lonely here now" and of course I cried in the middle of choir. I'm glad I wasn't there to say goodbye to him. I didn't realize how attached I am to that dog until he was gone. I really miss having is presence there all day with me since I spend most of the day home alone. I think I wont miss his as much though when the baby comes. I'm quite jealous of Indy as he will soon be moving to Monterrey California with his new family.
Tuesday at my baby doctor appointment they said that my blood pressure was higher than they would like to see and that they would like me to come back in on Friday to have it checked again. So Friday I went in to find that my blood pressure was 158/78, which is no good. My mom (I go to a doctor that is in the same office as my mother) made lay down on her couch for 15 minutes before they checked it again. It did go down to 148/something but that's still no bueno.
Next thing I know I was getting my blood drawn, which I'm getting much better at by the way. I had it drawn by the same boy who drew my blood a couple weeks ago for my Glucose testing. The nurse said something like "oh no, you don't want your blood drawn by him, he's terrible at it" to which i replied "Oh he's poked me before and I like it". It was really embarrassing.It was one of those moments where you are grabbing frantically for the words that just came out your mouth to push them back in. What I really meant was something like "he drew my blood last time and I thought he did a really good job".
So anyway, good news is that I don't have pre eclampsia so I don't have to be on full bed rest. The bad news is, I still need to make sure I keep my blood pressure down so I am on partial bed rest. I'm sure that this is no easy task for anyone so I wont pretend it's harder for me. I'm really sad that I won't be able to work out till the end of my pregnancy which I was really hoping for. It's not just that though, I have a really hard time entertaining myself by sitting in one place. I keep thinking things like "oh I could do Pilates since I'm laying down while doing that" till I remember that it doesn't work like that.
This is what I was working on the day before I got ordered to do nothing.
I only painted as high as I could reach because our floors are so slippery that a pregnant lady standing on a step stool is pretty much death. This will be the new color of the nursery and so far I like how it's turned out. It was supposed to be more of a blue grey but it's turned out to be more blue than grey. Andrew will have to finish the rest when he gets a chance. I'm hoping to have the nursery painting done by Saturday since that will be the Titensor baby shower and I would like to just come home and organize the gifts in their proper places.
33 weeks
I had several of those "word vomit" moments too, blame it on the lack of brain cells. You look great dear, try to take it easy.
ReplyDeletethat baby will be here in no time miss laura! can't wait to see you as a momma :)
ReplyDelete