Monday, June 25, 2012

Costumes, Cake, and Convulsions

Saturday we all went to the Disney movie Brave. It was fantastic, I loved every second of it. My mom had bought Bridget a Merida dress for the occasion so some of us decided to dress up.
Wait a minute...?

My mom had made her costume about ten years ago for  Halloween. It worked perfect for the event!



 It was our first movie with Denali so I was a bit worried but she just slept the entire time. I think we'll have to go to more movies while she still takes 3 hour naps.

Sunday was Andrew's 26th Birthday so we celebrated by having a BBQ up the canyon Saturday night.
Grandpa T and the little one


We are men, and we roast hot dogs over fires...
Yes mike is wearing a kilt. He dressed up for Brave as well.

Everyone forgot chairs besides Andrew and I. That's why it looks like everyone is standing around awkwardly.

Todd's Finger in the picture ;)




The Birthday Boy opening his presents.
On Sunday the family was sitting around playing clue. Kell (my sister in-law) kept noticing that something seemed wrong with Dez (their dog). To be honest I didn't really think anything of it because Dez is quite a hyper dog and is always doing crazy stuff. It wasn't until Dez came over to Jordan and I and I noticed he seemed to be twitching. Jordan picked him up and it became obvious that the twitching was uncontrollable and something was definitely wrong. My dad's first thought was poison, even though he was sure nothing was low enough for him to get into. Just in case my dad and I went out to the Garage when I here my dad say "shit shit shit" and then he told me that the dog needed to go to the hospital right now! I asked him what it was as I was running out the door because I knew they would need to know. Turns out Dez had found his way into some snail bait.

After that there were people running everywhere it seemed like. I was calling poison control, Jordan and Kell where running to their car, my mom was calling the nearest animal ER that was clear up in Sunset. Poison control told me that the active ingredient in snail bait causes seizures which would explain the twitching. After passing the info along to Jordan and Kell they rushed off to save their baby.

The rest of us finished the night with a hike up Millcreek Canyon.

On our way home we called for an update on the pup. Turns out the snail bait causes your temperature to rise quickly causing cell damage which causes the seizures. By the time they got Dez to the hospital his temperature was 109. They hosed him down with ice water and gave him some meds to reverse the effects. As of now he is still at the vet and still has tremors. The cell damage is minimal, although the vet says he still has only about a 50% chance of making it.

Dez is Jordan and Kell's baby. I hope and pray that he makes a full recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment